Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
This is my first post on the forum. I just bought a Korean imported 2020 Venue that has 18000 km odo. Recently, I have been reading lots of complaints about transmission failing at low mileage, so I thought about exploring how common is this problem. I have already had mine diagnosed by 2 mechanics, no problems found so far.
If you own a 2020 with CVT, can you please share how long did it go so far without transmission issues?

Thanks 馃檪

Registered
Welcome to the forum!

I can't tell what country you are in, or what your warranty terms are, but here in the USA the Venue has an incredible warranty. If you have anything similar, your dealer should be able to take care of you.

Mine does not have a CVT, but a 6-speed manual, which is working fine. But I have seen many people complain about the CVT. In my opinion, CVTs are just not ready for prime time. But I wish you luck! Leaning on the dealer and the manufacturer for warranty service is probably your best option.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jake.
I am from Palestine. The Hyundai dealer here do not sell Venue (only Kona, and way very expensive). Generally, most people here tend to buy used cars imported from Korea with low milage and greatly reduced price compared to brand new (about half!). I know I am risking having a vehicle without warranty; but the options are limited.

I am just seeking some examples of guys who have a CVT that lasted like 50k miles without replacement

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I'm a member of 2 Venue forums and comments about IVT (CVT) failures are rare. That leads me to believe they are rare. Where are you reading about Venue specific IVT failures? Can you post a link? My searches have come up empty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Haven't read much about it in this forum, but when reading lowest rating reviews on Edmunds and Surecritic, I found CVT failure on the top of the complaints. Still, this do not indicate how common the problem is, that's why I have asked here to learn about experiences from other drivers who have had the car for relatively long time and drove long distances (I have mine since one month only)

Registered
Thanks for the links. I didn't see those. After nearly 2 years my Venue has been flawless. So far so good. I hope yours is too.

Registered
2020 Trend/Denim
I'm a member of 2 Venue forums and comments about IVT (CVT) failures are rare. That leads me to believe they are rare. Where are you reading about Venue specific IVT failures? Can you post a link? My searches have come up empty.
the ivt has a chain belt now instead of cvt rubber belt, i personally haven't heard anything bad except people in india complaining about DCT overheat

OP 50k is really low, even my old beat up mk4 vw golf lasted 200 ish

Registered
I did a thread a while ago on the differences between IVT vs CVT.
In case you are interested, it's located here:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts