Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Hyundai Venue SEL. Recently, the car slowed to a stop in the middle of the highway, even when the gas is pressed. After getting the car off the highway, the car couldn't drive above 25-30mph and made a growling hum(?) when it turned. The dealership said that they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the transmission, but the car still had the same problem, and it couldn't drive uphill. Any ideas on what the issue may be?
I'm no expert, but that sure sounds like a failed IVT transmission. Hyundai/Kia had a lot of failed transmission in 2020/21, but the software fix they deployed in mid-2021 seems to have solved things (according to a Kia technician who posts on the Soul forums). Since you have a 2020, it seems safe to assume that is what you are experiencing, and the symptoms seem to match what other people went through.

What I can't fathom is how the dealership could claim that there was nothing wrong! Make sure you press them on this and point out that you know a lot of other Hyundai/Kia IVTs from the 2019-21 model years failed. They should replace it under warranty, and the new one should hopefully not give you any more trouble.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.