Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
There is a 15 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse panel along with the horn relay. The horn switch or clock spring in the steering wheel are also possible failure points along with the horn itself.
Naval architecture Automotive lighting Font Hood Slope

· Registered
2 Posts
Same, mine stopped working on Dec 22. Only noticable difference was a drastic change in weather... dropped to 17F. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
2022 SEL - Same here! If the outside temp is below freezing my horn won't work. I think it's definitely related to how cold it is outside. If it's say 20ºF - 30ºF outside and I've been driving for a good 30 minutes, the horn will start to work. Since we've been dealing with way below 0ºF this week, my horn hasn't worked at all. I have an appt to get it checked out at the dealership on 1/9 - will give ya an update!

· Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I never toot my horn. I;ll have to check it once in a while when it's cold to make sure it works.

· Registered
517 Posts
With all the crazy drivers in Chicago, I have to use mine all the time. It's either that, or my middle finger. Never had a problem with it not working. But I haven't used the car since we got this sub-zero (F) snap a few days ago, so who knows?

· Registered
2022 Fiery Red Limited (U.S. Model)
31 Posts
My motto is the smaller the car, the bigger the horn should be. Wolo Bad Boy should easily fit under the hood. Just don't try to run it off the existing wiring.

· Registered
29 Posts
With all the crazy drivers in Chicago, I have to use mine all the time. It's either that, or my middle finger. Never had a problem with it not working. But I haven't used the car since we got this sub-zero (F) snap a few days ago, so who knows?
im in downers grove I get it!
Dupage county👀
Anyway my horn now sounds like it’s dying very weak

· Registered
2020 Trend/Denim
45 Posts
Same, mine stopped working on Dec 22. Only noticable difference was a drastic change in weather... dropped to 17F. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with temperature because mine did not work right after i bought my car during that "arctic blizzard" we just had.
A couple days later (wasnt much warmer mind you) i pressed down the fuse and the relay but neither clicked or anything, suddenly horn works and no issues since.

· Registered
2022 Fiery Red Limited (U.S. Model)
31 Posts
It doesn't normally get super cold down here in Texas -- mainly ice / snow / slush. I'm wondering if the horns are failing when they get packed with ice, or if it is just the super cold.

· Registered
38 Posts
It was -29 c ( -20 f) this morning and my horn isn't working. My front camera is not obscured but warning lights indicate that it is and that forward collision ... is disabled. Also, with all these warning systems how on earth did they leave out a low windshield washer warning? Still waiting for my new bumper but I`ll be making a serv appnt for the horn and sensor issue. I`ve had this car for just over 2 months and I really do like this car but these cold weather shortcomings worry me

· Registered
547 Posts
It was -29 c ( -20 f) this morning and my horn isn't working. My front camera is not obscured but warning lights indicate that it is and that forward collision ... is disabled. Also, with all these warning systems how on earth did they leave out a low windshield washer warning? Still waiting for my new bumper but I`ll be making a serv appnt for the horn and sensor issue. I`ve had this car for just over 2 months and I really do like this car but these cold weather shortcomings worry me
Brrr...that's cold. Froze your horn. I read a post in another forum from someone who appears to be a Hyundai mechanic. He said the horns on Kona and Elantra are having same cold weather issues. Look at this pic of the Venue horn. It's like it's mounted upside down, water can sit in the groove where the 2 halves of the horn snap together and can seep inside the horn casing, then freeze the inner workings. The mechanic says he seals the groove on new horns with RTV sealant and bends the bracket so water runs off. Most dealer shops will only go by the book or Hyundai service bulletins so this "fix" may not get applied.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim

Forward collision avoidance is done via the camera and the radar sensor behind the front bumper. Make sure the radar is not blocked.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
38 Posts
Brrr...that's cold. Froze your horn. I read a post in another forum from someone who appears to be a Hyundai mechanic. He said the horns on Kona and Elantra are having same cold weather issues. Look at this pic of the Venue horn. It's like it's mounted upside down, water can sit in the groove where the 2 halves of the horn snap together and can seep inside the horn casing, then freeze the inner workings. The mechanic says he seals the groove on new horns with RTV sealant and bends the bracket so water runs off. Most dealer shops will only go by the book or Hyundai service bulletins so this
-19 c on the drive home - horn works and no sensor or camera alerts. On one hand, I didn't have all these safety and comfort features in my Echo - on the other hand, I'd like the stuff I paid for to work properly. No ice on the front windsheild, no snow on the hood or front grill. If these winter cold blasts in my part of the world disable a sensor and more importanly the horn I have to wonder if my build was for my geographical location. (I live in the southern prairies) . I'll watch and record this pattern of cold weather and horn/sensor issues before I make a serv appnt. On Sat it warms up to a high of -2 c with an overnight low of -16c woofreakinhoo!

· Registered
547 Posts
-19 c on the drive home - horn works and no sensor or camera alerts. On one hand, I didn't have all these safety and comfort features in my Echo - on the other hand, I'd like the stuff I paid for to work properly. No ice on the front windsheild, no snow on the hood or front grill. If these winter cold blasts in my part of the world disable a sensor and more importanly the horn I have to wonder if my build was for my geographical location. (I live in the southern prairies) . I'll watch and record this pattern of cold weather and horn/sensor issues before I make a serv appnt. On Sat it warms up to a high of -2 c with an overnight low of -16c woofreakinhoo!
I know the weather well, lived in Alberta, Fort Saskatchewan and Calgary. They do build Hyundai's based on geography but for cooling/heating. For instance, cold climate builds have an electric heater to speed up warming the cabin because the coolant takes a long time to warm up. However, the electronic sensors would be the same everywhere. Since your car reported that there was a problem there may be trouble codes stored that the dealer could read but some codes are erased if the problem clears on its own, making it all the harder to troubleshoot. I hope they sort out your issues quickly.
My Venue hasn't shown any temperature related or any other issues for that matter...at least not yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts