Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2022 Venue SEL (USA) - "Hydo"
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a 2022 SEL (USA)? Will you do me a favor and look at your front signal light bulbs? Please let me know if yours also has dual filaments. I know the second filament is doing nothing because watching the signal light blinks, the intensity is not from two filaments. I'm sure only one filament is being used in this bulb. I wonder if I can rig it so that the second filament can be activated as my Venue's DRL. Maybe I'll consult the dealer service department.
Automotive lighting Red Gas Auto part Metal

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
The second filament is 8 watt, the signal lamp filament is 28 watt. Assuming the second filament wiring is run through the lamp assembly from the connector socket to the bulb socket, the second filament could be activated but there is no pin in the plug to connect any wiring to. I suppose that could be added but then you need a relay and some form of DRL logic to turn it on.
Turn on your park lights...boom DRL...lol. Maybe a better question for the dealer would be, if the DRL logic can be added. Since some models have it, it may be in the computer and just need to be activated. When they program a new computer the Tech has to input a list of option codes before installing it. Worth asking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The second filament is 8 watt, the signal lamp filament is 28 watt. Assuming the second filament wiring is run through the lamp assembly from the connector socket to the bulb socket, the second filament could be activated but there is no pin in the plug to connect any wiring to. I suppose that could be added but then you need a relay and some form of DRL logic to turn it on.
Turn on your park lights...boom DRL...lol. Maybe a better question for the dealer would be, if the DRL logic can be added. Since some models have it, it may be in the computer and just need to be activated. When they program a new computer the Tech has to input a list of option codes before installing it. Worth asking.
The socket of my Venue SEL has two pins. I will consult with the technician. Maybe he can activate it as a DRL. However, in the engine compartment fuse box, there is no label for a DRL relay. But in the driver side fuse box, there is a space for DRL but no fuse so I put a fuse in but nothing happened.
Oh, yes, during my 3,600 (+/-) miles trip last week, I turned on my parking light during the day and put it on Auto at night, with HBA (High Beam Assist). HBA really helps on the darkest part of the expressway and automatically turn off the High Beam for oncoming vehicles and vehicles 100 yards in front.
Automotive tire Rim Gas Font Automotive wheel system

Registered
The socket of my Venue SEL has two pins. I will consult with the technician. Maybe he can activate it as a DRL. However, in the engine compartment fuse box, there is no label for a DRL relay. But in the driver side fuse box, there is a space for DRL but no fuse so I put a fuse in but nothing happened.
View attachment 1299
There is no wire or pin for the second filament, in the connector that feeds the turn signal assembly, to connect to. Yes, the light socket itself has both connections it's the same part for all Hyundai's.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Registered
This is the schematic for USA Venue with LEDs and DRL. (In Canada our schematic is the same for bulbs or LEDs, since it;s reuired by law) There is a fuse and a DRL relay.
You car is set up for the bulbs to come on as Park lights so no DRL fuse or relay.

Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your have a different front light housing on your Canadian Venue. My 2022 SEL (USA) has a twist socket that goes into the housing. That schematic is probably NOT applicable to my Venue SEL! Below is the picture of my twist type holder for the front signal light bulb. That goes in the light housing and twist in place. The connection is on the holder and mates with the connectors in the housing. That is why I was hoping that a USA user with SEL will respond to my query. Thanks anyway.
Fluid Amber Kitchen appliance Liquid Gas

Registered
I think you are missing my point entirely. My bulb is in the same sort of socket as yours, to the right of the wires I pointed out in my pic.
Hopefully a USA owner will reply tell you.

Registered
This is the signal bulb socket from my Venue. We have the same light housing.
The schematic I posted is from the USA service manual.
Automotive lighting Amber Gas Auto part Tints and shades

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see your point! Well, I have the same number of wires as yours, including the DRL wires you have labeled. Do you have LED DRL that surrounds the headlight housing? Do you have that? If your wires are the same as mine and you have the LED DRL then, is it just a matter of adding the DRL relay and mine will have a LED DRL?

Registered
Right, it takes a wire to light a light. I'm not saying modifications can't be done but it depends on whether the connection from the wiring connector to the bulb socket is there. I don't think Hyundai would spend the extra money to build that into the housing knowing it would not be used. But hey, you never know.
My Canadian Venue Preferred trim is on par with your USA SEL trim so, regular bulbs, no LEDs and no DRL halo.
The DRL logic is not activated in the SEL computer. Can is be activated or installed, you'd have to consult the dealer. Since yours is using the bulbs as park lights, there would surely some rewiring required, not just the relay. I'm guessing the dealer will say, no can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts