Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my cruise control on and set at 40mph. got on an on ramp for the highway. The venue would not go over 41 and flashed a green "limited" in the cluster. At first I assumed a SLOP condition with only 400 miles on the Odometer. I dis-engaged the cruise and the problem went away. Anyone else understand the limiting feature of the venue cruise control?

· Registered
318 Posts
I wouldn't be messing with the cruise while trying to get onto a highway. I'd just speed up smoothly. I wouldn't think the car would keep you from accelerating even with the cruise on, though. I'll have to experiment with it.

The "+" and "-"toggle switches on the right of the steering wheel will let you speed up and slow down without pressing the gas or brake. When the cruise control is on, it's nice. No feet are involved at all -- just subtle inputs. Not made for faster slowdowns or speedups though. Those need the foot pedals.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cruise gave me a limited statement in the cluster. I know about the plus and minus function, Ive just never seen "limited" displayed on any hyundai i've ever owned going back to 2007. So, Im quessing no one has ever seen the "limited" message on the dash based on the above responses. or for that matter, does a certain "set" cruise speed ie 40mph trigger it. My thoughts after it happened was nice feature if you don't want your kids to exceed a certain speeds, but how was it triggered or did I set to limit by holding the cruise button down fro x number of seconds.

· Registered
318 Posts
The cruise gave me a limited statement in the cluster. I know about the plus and minus function, Ive just never seen "limited" displayed on any hyundai i've ever owned going back to 2007. So, Im quessing no one has ever seen the "limited" message on the dash based on the above responses. or for that matter, does a certain "set" cruise speed ie 40mph trigger it. My thoughts after it happened was nice feature if you don't want your kids to exceed a certain speeds, but how was it triggered or did I set to limit by holding the cruise button down fro x number of seconds.
My '11 Ford Focus base model had Ford MyKey which would allow you to set speed limits on the car. You could do anywhere from 60 to 80 I think. And it'd let you limit the use of the radio (even make it to where the radio wouldn't work at all or make it so you couldn't turn it up so high).

And I think you could set it to where the door locks would automatically lock when the car was in Drive. And you could set it to where it would continuously beep until the seat belt was fastened.

We didn't have any young drivers in the house for the 5 years I had that Focus, but it would've been awesome for young drivers. More cars need those features. Everything's computerized anyway -- may as well take advantage of it.

Not that the Hyundai has anything like that. I never saw the LIMITED thing flash.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
Check out section 7 in the manual, I think you are using "MANUAL SPEED LIMIT ASSIST (MSLA) (IF EQUIPPED)"
If you have it and it's active...to exceed the set speed, you have to press the accelerator past the point of kickdown to accelerate over your set speed limit.
Cruise control is detailed in another part of section 7.

· Registered
260 Posts
I've never used the Valet setting on my 2022 Venue and I just wondering if your Valet mode is turned on...like I say I've never done anything with that mode so I'm wondering if that was set through the settings for the mode?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts