Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
318 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I guess most of the price increase is due to the IVT being standard now. Yep sadly cars are commodities now, and manufacturers drop features that few order. I imagine manual trannies are rarely ordered these days. Most of the people I know under 40 can't drive a stick. And performance cars these days have AT's that let you manually shift. Venues have that feature too, though I have never used it. I do use Snow Mode a lot in the winter and occasionally sport mode when driving around the city's highways.

I learned how to drive a manual in a 1974 Ford Pinto when I was 10 in 1982. And my first 5 vehicles I bought myself were manuals. The last one was a '98 Saturn SL1 I sold in 2002 because my wife (just married her) couldn't drive a stick. I taught her soon after and she was OK, but she hated it.

Cars just have so much content now. I remember the first newish car I bought was in 1989 when I was 17. It was a 1987 Dodge Colt E 2-door hatchback. It had a 4-speed manual, non-power steering, no AC, manual windows/locks, no right-hand mirror, and no rear defogger. It had skinny 14-inch wheels with no hubcaps. No carpeting just ribber floormats. No cruise control.

It had a Mitsubishi AM/FM stereo, but I replaced it with a Kenwood AM/FM cassette for $100 or whatever. That little 55 hp carburetted engine got great gas mileage -- as good as the Venue with its 10 computers and EFI and CVT.

We'd probably be getting double the gas mileage in our Venues if modern cars weren't so focused on performance. Back then lower price cars were OK to take 10-12 seconds to get to 100 KMH.

· Registered
517 Posts
I'm sad that they dropped the manual transmission in Canada. They dropped it in the USA for the 2021 model year, but I took some solace that they were still selling them in Canada. My 2020 has the manual, but if it ever gets totaled, I guess I'll have to replace it with a Kia Soul. It is of utmost importance to me to drive a manual. I don't know why, but it is.

Actually, I do know one reason why. I don't want my wife driving it!

· Registered
1 Posts

It looks like prices have gone up about 3K more from 2022 (Canadian Dollars - Comparing Base Price of 2022 of my Venue Essential 6 Speed MT).
And Sad to see the MT6 (6 Speed Manual Transmission) not being available any more in Canada models.
My 2023 Venue just arrived on the lot. A lot of hidden fees add up -- it's much more than what the 'build & price" tool tells you on the Hyundai site.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
My 2023 Venue just arrived on the lot. A lot of hidden fees add up -- it's much more than what the 'build & price" tool tells you on the Hyundai site.
I knew the bottom line price before buying the Venue, there were no surprises, but I bought it when they could still be purchased off the lot.

· Registered
318 Posts
I knew the bottom line price before buying the Venue, there were no surprises, but I bought it when they could still be purchased off the lot.
Yep, it's a hot car. My local dealer where I got mine only has one on the lot for 1-2 days before it's sold. I think most are pre-sold before they even arrive. The local dealer has like 10 "in transit" and none on the lot.

As far as manual trannies, I was 8 when my dad taught me to drive a manual in an uncompleted subdivision -- streets were paved but no houses. That was in 1980. Man card revocation if one can't drive a stick especially if they're over 30.

· Registered
517 Posts
As far as manual trannies, I was 8 when my dad taught me to drive a manual in an uncompleted subdivision -- streets were paved but no houses. That was in 1980. Man card revocation if one can't drive a stick especially if they're over 30.
I learned to drive on automatics, but when I bought my first car at the age of twenty, it was a manual. My dad took me to an empty grocery store parking lot for a ten minute lesson, and I've never looked back. Haven't ever owned an automatic transmission in my life. Your "man card" comment rings true! Gotta hang onto whatever scraps of masculinity we can in these politically correct times!

· Registered
260 Posts
here is what I paid for my 2022 Ultimate Venue Denim edition off course in Canadian dollars and I paid cash, no financing of any kind...now what the same dealership is selling the 2023's for, I don't know...

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Handwriting

· Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
213 Posts
I learned to drive on automatics, but when I bought my first car at the age of twenty, it was a manual. My dad took me to an empty grocery store parking lot for a ten minute lesson, and I've never looked back. Haven't ever owned an automatic transmission in my life. Your "man card" comment rings true! Gotta hang onto whatever scraps of masculinity we can in these politically correct times!
I have only owned one automatic car in my life: The first car I owned at age 16, a Renault Alliance. Known as the Renault 9 in Europe, it came to the states by way of a partnership between Renault and AMC. Being a French car it had a few quirks. I will never forget that the horn was activated by pushing in the tip of the turn signal stalk. 🤔
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Got a 5 speed VW GTI during my senior year of high school.
Then I bought a 5 speed 1.8T VW Golf brand new when I graduated from college.
Drove that car for 20 years until I got the 6 speed Venue a couple of years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts