Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1 - driving like an old lady. Opening and closing the wrong windows. Waited by the car to make sure all those lights really turn off before I walk away.
Day 2 drove at the speed limit (most of the time). Waited by the car to make sure all those lights will turn off before I walk away
Tonight - read the infotainment manual
Tomorrow - change the door lock settings. Try to walk awak from the car without waiting to see if the lights will turn off.
My review so far: When I look back at the car, after the lights have turned off, I think to myself holy shit, MY car looks so good.
Drive's pretty damn good too.

· Registered
318 Posts
Yep, sometimes when I turn the overhead light on manually to see something, later when I exit the vehicle I sometimes think "did I shut the interior lights off?"

So I sometimes wait and make sure they turn off. :) Have you used the automatic high beams yet? Where it dims automatically when other cars are coming at you? That feature works great.

· Registered
517 Posts
I've noticed that if I lock the doors before getting out and slamming it, the dome light goes off within about three seconds. But if I slam my door without locking all the doors, the dome light stays on for awhile. I assume because it thinks (correctly) that I am going to get something out of one of the other doors. Clever programming!

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not driven on the highway yet and I don't think I will till the summer. I'm driving in "old lady who owns a brand new shiny car" mode. So far, favourite features are auto lights and the remote start (works from inside my apartment) We had some wet snow today and the Forward Collision ... alerted that it was disabled because the sensor was blocked. I guess I didn't do a good job of cleaning off the upper part of the windshield.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heated mirrors too? I wish ours had the heated features. I am loving the automatic climate control. I just leave it on 20 degrees C year round.
I was going to say no to the heated mirrors - don't see a button for it and I can't see it listed in the manual BUT...in a Reddit post, someone mentions that for the Kona "they will operate at the same time you turn on the rear window defroster." So I'll check that out tomorrow. No auto climate control in my trim.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
The camera at the top of the windshield plays a part but there is also a radar unit behind the right lower side of the bumper.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Bumper

· Registered
318 Posts
Did you figure out where you want to put the trunk floor? You can have it low inside the cavity so you can get more cargo in the trunk. Or you can have it a little higher, so the rear floor will sit flush with the rear seats if you fold them down. I have my trunk floor at the highest spot because I keep a lot of junk under it -- jumper cables, 12V air compressor, tarps. It's around the spare tire.

I could probably lower it all the way down and still keep that stuff there if I carefully position it, but I like the trunk floor being level with the rest of the rear cargo area when the rear seats are folded. I have hauled freezers and treadmills and other large stuff back there. I removed the cargo cover, but I am thinking about putting it back, because I could sit lighter things on top of it like groceries so I can have 2 layers of cargo back there.

· Registered
517 Posts
Did you figure out where you want to put the trunk floor? You can have it low inside the cavity so you can get more cargo in the trunk. Or you can have it a little higher, so the rear floor will sit flush with the rear seats if you fold them down......
I experimented with both positions when I first got the car. But I settled on keeping it in the higher position. That way I can keep all my ugly crap (window scraper, emergency stuff, etc) hidden out of sight with the spare tire, and a nice clean-looking trunk compartment for short-term items like groceries.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you figure out where you want to put the trunk floor?
This trunk is sooo much bigger than the Echo's - I haven't had to put the seats down yet, so not sure what position the trunk floor is in right now. There's a set of carpet mats in there that I won't be using. The winter mats it came with are meh so I ordered a front set of TuxMats (Canadian made version of Weathertech) that should arrive on Friday. It's going to be freakin -35 celsius WITHOUT a windchill tonight so I'll be plugging in. It came with the premium block heater - I think it should be easier to use
Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Font Trunk

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts