Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Venue SE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my son an SE and it didn’t come with roof rails, so I’m wondering if anyone had them installed after buying? I’m wondering how they are attached to the roof. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
98 Posts
Funny you should ask this. My SE didn't come with rails so I just bought some from a salvage yard on eBay and they're going to be delivered today.

I didn't take off the roof moldings yet, but from looking at parts diagrams I think that there are some brackets w/ bolts to hold the rails that are welded to the car.
A friend of mine with a welder is going to help me out, once I gather all the parts I need. Not sure when that will be, but I will definitely post updates when I do.

One of the roof bracket parts:
Arm Human body Gesture Thumb Elbow

A picture from someone who removed the rails from their Kona:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2021 Venue SE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should ask this. My SE didn't come with rails so I just bought some from a salvage yard on eBay and they're going to be delivered today.

I didn't take off the roof moldings yet, but from looking at parts diagrams I think that there are some brackets w/ bolts to hold the rails that are welded to the car.
A friend of mine with a welder is going to help me out, once I gather all the parts I need. Not sure when that will be, but I will definitely post updates when I do.

One of the roof bracket parts:
View attachment 973

A picture from someone who removed the rails from their Kona:
View attachment 974

1 - 4 of 4 Posts