Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I bought my Venue back in November. Today, for the very first time, I had occasion to use the Air Conditioning. It was a bit strange, at least to me.

In every car I've ever owned, to use the A/C, you set the vent knob to the position you like (defrost, high vent, low vent, combo, etc), you push the "recirculate" button, and you push the A/C button. The Venue has all the same buttons, so I expected it to work the same way.

I started today by pushing the recirculate button. I could see there was a light on it, but the light wouldn't light up! It felt like I was pushing a button (it depressed a little) but nothing changed. So I moved on and pushed the A/C button, which it lit up as expected. Then I turned the vent knob from defrost (where I normally keep it) to high vent position.... and the recirculate light came on!

That surprised me! Experimenting, I turned the vent nob back and forth. In some positions, the recirculate light went on, in other positions, it went off. Apparently the car decides for itself when to recirculate and when not to. Is this normal for Hyundai cars? This is my first one. It is the SE model, by the way.

As for the A/C itself, it worked fine. Nice and cool!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never Mind!

Apparently, there is a setting on the temperature dial that I hadn't noticed before. If you turn it all the way counterclockwise (that is, to coldest), there is a little click to a setting labeled "A/C Max." That automatically sets all the other controls to achieve maximum coolness. That's where I had it set yesterday. If you don't turn to that final click, then it works like every other car. Pretty clever, actually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts