Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm parking at my local grocery store. The store is in a large strip mall that has its own security. I pull into the parking space, and all the way through to the facing space, so I don't have to back out when I leave. Just as I'm turning off the motor, a security car rolls up and stops. I'm thinking, great, they are going to bust my chops about my parking technique.

But nope. The security lady rolls her window down and says, "Hey, how do you like that car? My niece is getting that exact same car in two weeks, same color and everything. Do you think she'll like it?" She goes on and on about how her niece needs a car that's small but has lots of cargo room, etc. etc. She finally takes a breath and I tell her, yep, I love it, your niece will love it too. She thanks me and drives off.

Has anyone else had strangers accost you and ask about your Venue?

Registered
So I'm parking at my local grocery store. The store is in a large strip mall that has its own security. I pull into the parking space, and all the way through to the facing space, so I don't have to back out when I leave. Just as I'm turning off the motor, a security car rolls up and stops. I'm thinking, great, they are going to bust my chops about my parking technique.

But nope. The security lady rolls her window down and says, "Hey, how do you like that car? My niece is getting that exact same car in two weeks, same color and everything. Do you think she'll like it?" She goes on and on about how her niece needs a car that's small but has lots of cargo room, etc. etc. She finally takes a breath and I tell her, yep, I love it, your niece will love it too. She thanks me and drives off.

the only person asking about my Venue is me...when is it coming I ordered Jan. 26, 2022 馃檮馃馃槬馃ぃ

Registered
My little guy gets more play than the mustang does anymore when I鈥檓 out and about.
Young females love them some Sonic! He is a cute dude鈥 however am not anymore.馃ぃ

Registered
The only comment I ever got was from a female co-worker who said "that's a cute little car" as we walked out to the parking lot after I bought my Venue. She had just bought a new Chevy Trailblazer a month before. :) Those are only like a foot longer than the Venue.

Growing up with a mechanic dad and helping him in his shop, I am a car nut. Sadly these days people see cars as appliances and little more. There was a gorgeous '56 Corvette (2 tone pastel blue and white) parked in front of a local supermarket recently. As I walked behind 4 or 5 other people with their kids into the store, not a single person told their kid to check out that beautiful restored Corvette.

They don't know/care anymore. It's sad. When you do come across a car nut, it's awesome.

Registered
Had some retirees asking about the car.
They want a low-cost, but still a new car for retirement.
while I'm 75 and retired about 7 years ago and when my Venue finally gets here it will be retiring my 20 year old daily driver and it will become my new daily driver and suspect it will probably be my last daily driver...I think people will start realizing that they should seriously look at what their real needs are when getting a vehicle especially with gas prices...electric is only the answer for the very well off.

I thought of an EV and weighed the pros and cons for my needs...where I live you have to either own a house or rent a house to be able to charge an EV when ever you want because there are no charging stations where I live...the town put in one charging device about 8 years ago before fully EV's and now besides it, there's 2 devices at the local Wendy's...I rent a house but if I had to rent an apartment type of living accommodations I'd have to get up early in the morning to be first in line at one of our 3 charging devices or stand in line for God knows how long to charge the EV...I worked for our national railway company for about 7 years and then at a local telephone company for 41 years and both companies very existence relied on batteries, and I know how long the newer types of batteries last, which we were lucky to get 10 years out of them, and you don't get rid of the batteries like you do with your 12 volt battery in your car...I know the cost of replacement and imagine what you'll get for your used EV and how many people will want to buy a used one.

My Venue will be a Denim inside and out and will be the Ultimate edition which I think is going to be a good looking car and a practical one for my needs...for my "car nut needs" my 23 year old Camaro SS convertible will fill those needs. 馃榿

Registered
I was loading groceries into my Venue today, and an older guy -- about 70-75 -- walked up asking about the MPGs. He and his wife have a 2010 Kia Soul that is getting up in miles, so he's looking to replace it. I let him check it out for 10 minutes or so.
It'd be interesting how many Venues have been built by year and if it wasn't for the covid and shortages etc. I'm sure the numbers are growing and will continue to grow...one of the reasons why I like the Venue is the naturally aspirated engine besides all the rest of it...no turbos to worry about and the engine doesn't appear to be stuffed into it...I still don't have mine yet but I'm going by the pictures and videos.

Registered
It'd be interesting how many Venues have been built by year and if it wasn't for the covid and shortages etc. I'm sure the numbers are growing and will continue to grow...one of the reasons why I like the Venue is the naturally aspirated engine besides all the rest of it...no turbos to worry about and the engine doesn't appear to be stuffed into it...I still don't have mine yet but I'm going by the pictures and videos.
Yeah, the engine bay has tons of room unlike most subcompact cars these days where everything's smashed in. The boxy nature of the Venue and the small engine leads to lots of room. It looks trivial to change a wide variety of parts on a Venue.

I've literally had to change headlight bulbs on various relatives/friends' cars by having to remove the wheels to get to the light. Venue's bulbs are easily accessed. Tons of room.

Had a guy stop today asking me about the Venue. He's looking to get either a Kia Soul or Hyundai Venue or Kona. I told him the Hyundais are nicer looking and plus the local Kia dealer are idiots. I should "bird dog" for the Hyundai salesman who sold me mine. I never heard of the term until I saw this mid 50's Ford training video for Ford salesmen starring Hugh Beaumont of Leave it to Beaver! I love the calm masculinity and the handshake simplicity of how people dealt with each other then.

Registered
Yeah, the engine bay has tons of room unlike most subcompact cars these days where everything's smashed in. The boxy nature of the Venue and the small engine leads to lots of room. It looks trivial to change a wide variety of parts on a Venue.

I've literally had to change headlight bulbs on various relatives/friends' cars by having to remove the wheels to get to the light. Venue's bulbs are easily accessed. Tons of room.

Had a guy stop today asking me about the Venue. He's looking to get either a Kia Soul or Hyundai Venue or Kona. I told him the Hyundais are nicer looking and plus the local Kia dealer are idiots. I should "bird dog" for the Hyundai salesman who sold me mine. I never heard of the term until I saw this mid 50's Ford training video for Ford salesmen starring Hugh Beaumont of Leave it to Beaver! I love the calm masculinity and the handshake simplicity of how people dealt with each other then.

funny, on the local news tonight they were talking about there not being enough new vehicles right now because of the covid shut downs and lack of parts for new vehicles and people are paying top dollars for new vehicles, and those that want the EV's will have a long wait for the new ones, and dealer lots are looking on the empty side...I can see dealers might want to give you what you paid for your new vehicle if it's not too old...here in Canada a lot of used vehicles are going to the US because the US buck is close to 80 cents more then the Canadian buck and the demand for used vehicles in the US is high now.

My Ultimate is the top Venue like the Limited is in the US and in Canada every thing is standard on the Ultimate like the sun roof and heated seats and steering and outside mirrors and the Ultimate grill I think looks nicer and the side marker lights are on the outside mirrors...I got mine for $25299.00 Canadian before freight and sales tax and the usual administration fees, so if you convert that to US bucks it's probably the same.

Mine should be here any day now and is a Denim model like the on in this site from Auto-trader and it has the freight added onto the price...here in Canada many of our vehicles will come with things like the heated seats and steering and all wheel drive mainly because of the winters and many have different model names.

Registered
funny, on the local news tonight they were talking about there not being enough new vehicles right now because of the covid shut downs and lack of parts for new vehicles and people are paying top dollars for new vehicles, and those that want the EV's will have a long wait for the new ones, and dealer lots are looking on the empty side...I can see dealers might want to give you what you paid for your new vehicle if it's not too old...here in Canada a lot of used vehicles are going to the US because the US buck is close to 80 cents more then the Canadian buck and the demand for used vehicles in the US is high now.

My Ultimate is the top Venue like the Limited is in the US and in Canada every thing is standard on the Ultimate like the sun roof and heated seats and steering and outside mirrors and the Ultimate grill I think looks nicer and the side marker lights are on the outside mirrors...I got mine for $25299.00 Canadian before freight and sales tax and the usual administration fees, so if you convert that to US bucks it's probably the same.

Mine should be here any day now and is a Denim model like the on in this site from Auto-trader and it has the freight added onto the price...here in Canada many of our vehicles will come with things like the heated seats and steering and all wheel drive mainly because of the winters and many have different model names.

also check it's got 5600 kilometers on it according to the write up unless it's a typo which I think might be a typo because ones without mileage are selling for the same price.

Registered

I was once sitting silently in my parked denim venue with dark tint windows, blacked out emblems, custom wheels, roof rack. A couple passing by stopped dead in their tracks and began ogling the car, talking about how cute it was..."What IS this car? I've never seen one of these before. Is it a mini? An Audi?" I heard them say from inside my car. They peered deeper into the interior where they found me sitting motionless and enjoying the show. They quickly stepped back like they'd walked in on someone in a bathroom and abruptly continued on their way. My ego soared. It was glorious.

Registered
We were in Myrtle Beach and stopped at one of those Beach Stores....only car in the lot. When we came out; another Venue was parked next to it and two women were coming in. I said "Hey, I like your car!" They replied they parked next to us because it was another Venue and they never see them anywhere!

Registered

I have been that stranger

Registered
Today I saw my car's twin -- an Intense Blue SEL coming towards us on a side street. I waved. I have seen an Intense Blue SE around here a few months ago.

Other Venues I've noticed around here are a Green Apple SE, Magnetic Gray SEL, and a black SE. They don't last long on the lot. They seem to have like 2 or 3 trickle into the Hyundai lot every week, and they sell instantly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts