Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is back to commuting with their Venue? If you haven't been driving it much, what maintenance have you done while its sitting idle to prevent potential problems? (ex. dead battery, critters making your car their new home, etc.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm still working from home, but I make a point of taking the Venue out for a spin at least twice a week. Mostly it's just short trips, to the grocery store or drug store or to pick up lunch, stuff like that. I've had it for eight months and it's up to 1500 miles. But I don't drive much in the best of times, so that's pretty typical for me. My last car, I put 50k miles on it in fifteen years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my Venue at the end of January and I've got 15K miles on it now. I drive it mainly for work at many different locations, so some days it's 5 miles, some it's 300. It is packed full of tools, test equipment, parts, etc. It seems to have a MPG sweet-spot at 45-55mph where I get between 42 and 45 mpg. If I'm on the highway cruising at 80mph, it drops to 35 mpg. Still really good miles per gallon. I'm pretty hard on the little car, but the manual transmission make it so much fun to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts