Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my new Venue yet and I've been reading up on the manuals on line and don't see anything about the stop-start system while stopped in traffic...my question does the Venue have this feature and if so is there an easy way to turn it off or do you always have to get into the settings menu?
Thanks ahead for a reply.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Mine doesn't have it. As far as I know, it's not an available option either, at least in Canada.

Reactions: venue1947

Registered
I've never heard of a Venue with a stop-start system. It certainly wasn't offered in 2020. I guess that doesn't mean it can't be new for 2022 though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the idea was to save fuel and cut down on idling cars when they are stopped in traffic and the manufactures were putting them on a lot of cars and it is one of the most hatted features by owners of cars with them in.

Registered
the idea was to save fuel and cut down on idling cars when they are stopped in traffic and the manufactures were putting them on a lot of cars and it is one of the most hatted features by owners of cars with them in.
Yeah, I can see how they save a modicum of fuel. But at what cost? There is no way that can be good for the ignition system, the battery, the electronics, or any number of subsystems. All for the purpose of checking off a box on some government wish list? No thanks.

Registered
Yeah, I can see how they save a modicum of fuel. But at what cost? There is no way that can be good for the ignition system, the battery, the electronics, or any number of subsystems. All for the purpose of checking off a box on some government wish list? No thanks.
I agree, I can't see how all of that extra on/off cycling can be good for the car. Glad not to have it.

Registered
I agree, I can't see how all of that extra on/off cycling can be good for the car. Glad not to have it.
A lot of people do have it, though. I live right by a four-way-stop intersection, and it seems like the majority of the cars, I can hear their ignition system kicking in as they stop and start at the stop sign. But I live in a yuppie neighborhood with tons of Audi and Volvo and BMW SUVs, so maybe it isn't the same everywhere.

Registered
It doesn't work like you think. Here is an explanation.

Registered
2021 green apple SEL
I don't have my new Venue yet and I've been reading up on the manuals on line and don't see anything about the stop-start system while stopped in traffic...my question does the Venue have this feature and if so is there an easy way to turn it off or do you always have to get into the settings menu?
Thanks ahead for a reply.
I don't have it in my 2021 and so happy I don't have it.

Registered
I can see these cars having the starter replaced more often. My old 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee I replaced it 2 times over 10 years. So if it had that tech it would have been more often. Test drove a Mercedes B250 which had it... I didn't like it, so I'm glad my Venue does not.

Registered
I'm not a fan of start-stop tech. I've seen people jam the switch to disable it. I don't do enough driving for it to save me a lot of money. I find it interesting to read about new technology though. From what I've read, the starter used is entirely different than what we are used to. Mazda's system uses the ignition system instead of the starter by firing cylinders that are at top dead center to get the engine turning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts