Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bluelink is free for 3 years right after purchasing your car (top/denim trim only).
There are 3 Bluelink packages: Connected Care, Remote, and Guidance.
The picture above shows a summary of what each package can do for you.
After the 3 year freebie, each package costs about $99 per year in the USA.

Personal Synopsis:
Honestly, I think I would only keep the Remote Package, because I use it the most.
Sometimes, I forget whether I locked the car, or not so this feature locks it for me remotely although it has limitation if there is no signal.
The stolen vehicle feature is nice, too. Like, the GPS shows you where your car is, and the car itself can be immobilized.
The other 2 services are non-existent for me.

The Guidance Package is only helpful when driving and inputting an address via voice command. On-board navigation doesn't let you enter an address via keypad while driving.

The Connected Care Package is nice, but I take my car for maintenance twice a year regardless so I hear the maintenance reports from the service tech themselves.
I don't use roadside assistance, because I got my own AAA membership.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Give me remote, or give me death!
Remote start with climate control is by far the best feature bluelink has to offer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Since you asked for a debate, I'll toss in my two cents.

I'm an old-school kind of guy. I've never owned a car with an automatic transmission. I would take crank windows and manual door locks if I could still get them. My motto is, the fewer gizmos, the fewer things that can go wrong. I know that I am swimming against the tide on this, but I always buy the bottom-of-the-line model of whatever car I'm driving. I certainly don't need no stinking remote start capability! Just one geezer's humble opinion.

That said, I do love the backup camera. To me, that's not a luxury, that's a necessity.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remote start is great because you can scare people who are too near your car :devilish:

There will be a time when people are gonna be so dependent on technology that there will be a drawback to it.
#1stWorldProblems

·
Registered
137 Posts
Remember Skynet!!
lol. If skynet goes down, I doubt we will be worried about our auto features...but to get into a cool car in the summertime or a warm car in the winter is worth the risk.
Just ask the honda guys I know, they are jelly bellies when I show them I can set the temp with my phone on startup.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol. If skynet goes down, I doubt we will be worried about our auto features...but to get into a cool car in the summertime or a warm car in the winter is worth the risk.
Just ask the honda guys I know, they are jelly bellies when I show them I can set the temp with my phone on startup.
Newer Honda Bros have the HondaLink™ to remote start with climate control their cars.

The only drawback is that their car turns off upon opening of their doors. So they have to start it again once they "officially" enter the vehicle.
This is done to prevent thefts. Same with Toyota and Lexus.
Besides warming up the car and using the AC, like why bother starting remotely if you are going to start it again?

Weird Feature to the point that I did not want to buy a Rav4 just because of the remote start botchery. :mad:

Remote Start > AWD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts