Hyundai Venue Forum banner

bluelink

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  imaddicted2u 
#1 ·
I was just on the 2023 Venue Canadian site and noticed it looks like the Bluelink is no longer with the Venue...my 2022 Ultimate came with a 3 year free Bluelink...is that the same in the US or any other countries?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Discussion starter · #7 ·
Sorry, you are right. I thought for sure I picked 2023 but guess not.
I wonder if there was a charge for the 3 year bluelink that Hyundai had to absorb and have canceled it to same money.

I found this...
Hyundai Blue Link
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hyundai Blue Link (also branded as Genesis Connected Services) is a vehicle system that uses a mobile app from Hyundai to allow the user to retrieve information about their vehicle and perform some basic remote operations. Blue Link functionality varies based on the type of vehicle, as well as the type of cell service modem the vehicle is equipped with. In the United States, the Blue Link system debuted on the 2012 Hyundai Veloster as standard equipment, and has become an available feature on most Hyundai models sold since then. The service currently costs $99 a year and can be used for roadside service, information about the vehicle's performance, and remote start, stop, lock or unlock their Hyundai automobile.
Connectivity
Smartphones can connect to Hyundai Blue Link over Bluetooth or a USB cable with the Hyundai Blue Link mobile app. The in-car Hyundai Blue Link software checks for updates wirelessly everytime the vehicle turns on, keeping the included applications up to date.[1]

When Blue Link first launched, the connectivity was provided by a joint relationship of Aeris Communications, Inc. and Sprint Corp.[2] On January 21, 2014 Hyundai announced it had selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions with integration provided by Opentext.[3] The Opentext Business Network platform also supports other car manufacturers such as Land Rover/Jaguar, Daimler, Ford, General Motors and Mitsubishi. Hyundai announced that starting in 2022 model year 2012-2018 vehicles would no have Blue Link support due to the discontinuation of 2G and 3G cell service.[4][5]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.