Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can it be that you have to connect your phone with a cable in order to make a hands free phone call, very outdated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You don't. Once you pair the phone to the car, it connects even when it's in your pocket. I do it all the time.

Now, if you want to use all the power of Android Auto to mirror your phone apps to the car's head unit, then you need to use a cable. I'm not sure why, but I imagine it is because bluetooth doesn't supply enough bandwidth.

I have no idea what the deal is with an iPhone. I'm strictly an Android user.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I thought should happen but when I press the speaker button

I get this message

·
Registered
94 Posts
The speaker button is for changing the volume. The phone button (on the left) makes calls. Did you "pair" your phone to the car? That is the first step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have “paired” the phone and I can answer calls and make calls by using the phone button but I have to choose the # on the media screen.
In my old car I would just hit the speaker button and could then say call home and it worked

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ah, you want voice recognition. Can't help you there, I've never used it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the suggestion, but when I tried this I do not have voice recognition icon, I’m guessing this only works when I use Apple CarPlay. I don’t want to have to attach my phone to have voice recognition but it seems that is the way it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How can it be that you have to connect your phone with a cable in order to make a hands free phone call, very outdated.
My phone started ringing in the car as soon as I was paired, so it is effortless. The only glitch I had to conquer is that the screen stays illuminated with the caller's name, and I wanted it to return to NAV so I could see the map. I touched the screen and NAV resumed, so you do have to tap it. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts