Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a Venue in Adelaide. I needed a smallish urban car that can access our parking spot in the highrise where we live. The looks attracted me initially but then I read about all the safety equipment and the quite reasonable price and so signed up for one. This will be my first Hyundai, but I have rented them before and found them always quite good vehicles. Consumer Reports generally reviews them favorably, too. I am not sure about delivery yet, but the dealer promised it before Nov 1st.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much was your deposit? Did you compare it to any other vehicles before deciding?

Welcome!
AUD1000 deposit, and yes, I investigated most other small hatchbacks and SUVs. I like the Venue styling and their up-to-date safety electronics -- and the price. And my wife prefers the more elevated views from a SUV. This should fit easily into our tight parking garage space.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 67 and have had a drivers licence since I was 14, so have had many different vehicles over the decades, including a 1952 Opel, a 1965 Ford Mustang, a 1965 VW bug, and a 1967 Mercedes. I don't recall all oof them but I have also owned Toyotas, Nissans, a Ford 150 pickup truck, a Honda soccer-mom van and a Honda Civic (for my son), a couple of Volvos, an early 1970s VW van, and a VW Sportwagen that was part of the Dieselgate affair. At present I also own a Nissan Frontier pickup truck and a BMW Sportwagen (for my wife).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am 67 and have had a drivers licence since I was 14, so have had many different vehicles over the decades, including a 1952 Opel, a 1965 Ford Mustang, a 1965 VW bug, and a 1967 Mercedes. I don't recall all oof them but I have also owned Toyotas, Nissans, a Ford 150 pickup truck, a Honda soccer-mom van and a Honda Civic (for my son), a couple of Volvos, an early 1970s VW van, and a VW Sportwagen that was part of the Dieselgate affair. At present I also own a Nissan Frontier pickup truck and a BMW Sportwagen (for my wife).
That's an awesome car history RK! Do you have your Venue now and if so how is it treating you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the Venue -- it fits my needs for a small urban car that looks good and is a good value. For a man my age I wish it had better lumbar support, and I also wish the sun visors had extensions so when I move one to the side it would cover the entire length of the side window. The 1.6-litre engine is powerful enough for me, and I like all the new safety features: the blind spot alarm and light, etc. I have already had a flat (my fault) and changing the tyre was very easy -- the easiest tyre change I have ever done, I think. All in all I am very pleased.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sometimes I find buying a used, CPO vehicle with more features to be ideal.

Did you ever consider going used?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi RK (and everybody!). I'm also an older driver (61) and have owned many cars, and my two-week old Venue is my first Hyundai. I also bought it for its small size to fit into my tight urban surroundings. Most of my previous cars have been Toyotas. My last car before the Venue was a Scion. Like the Venue, the Scion was pitched at the youth market, but in both cases, they also seem to be appreciated by middle-aged cheapskates like me!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Too bad Scion is dead.
FORTUNATELY Toyota's across the board have gone drastically more sporty over the years. New Corolla and CH-R are impressive but still not as cheap as its hyundai rivals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts