Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Wait, I have the front interior map light for my SEL!
Mochi - Is this the exact same front light you have?
I've been looking for this all over. There are so many variations of Hyundai interior lights, but I can't find this specific one for sale anywhere. Specifically, no sunroof control, no sunglasses holder, rocker switch in the center. I only managed to find pictures of it on a handful of sites.

Product Hood Automotive design Grey Font

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Vehicle door

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mochi - Is this the exact same front light you have?
I've been looking for this all over. There are so many variations of Hyundai interior lights, but I can't find this specific one for sale anywhere. Specifically, no sunroof control, no sunglasses holder, rocker switch in the center. I only managed to find pictures of it on a handful of sites.

View attachment 739

View attachment 740

View attachment 741
Yep same one, 2021 Venue SEL (non Premium Package)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Welcome to the group neighbor to the north (or east from me depending on where in Canada 😁)!!
Thank you for the welcome! I'm loving the green apple Venue in your profile pic, my wife would love it that colour was available in Canada. I wonder if it's possible to special order the colour from Korea when it comes time to trade-in?

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Yep same one, 2021 Venue SEL (non Premium Package)
Thanks...Any chance you could get the part number? I think if you pop off the lens over the bulb, there are a couple screws inside that allow the whole assembly to slide out.

Also, does your light in the center of the ceiling have a rocket switch? And if so, does it have 3 settings or 2?
I was looking at the wiring diagram, and it looks like there are 2 different lights depending on if the front light is installed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks...Any chance you could get the part number? I think if you pop off the lens over the bulb, there are a couple screws inside that allow the whole assembly to slide out.

Also, does your light in the center of the ceiling have a rocket switch? And if so, does it have 3 settings or 2?
I was looking at the wiring diagram, and it looks like there are 2 different lights depending on if the front light is installed.

View attachment 742
Mine has "Light on with door", "on", "off".

I wasn't able to pull it off, but I found this diagram on one of those online parts pages where you can order OEM parts.

Ignore the generic photo, but I'm pretty sure its the second one.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Mine has "Light on with door", "on", "off".
So you're able to control both the front and the center lights independently?

Ignore the generic photo, but I'm pretty sure its the second one.
Yeah, those generic pictures bug me, because I'm never 100% sure if the part matches or not.

So the thing that is confusing me now is that all the parts sites I can find list two different parts depending on whether the car has a sunroof or not.
But from what I can tell, there are actually 3 parts: Cars with a sunroof, Cars with a sunroof AND MTS/Mobile Telematics System (Bluelink), and cars that have neither:

Communication Device Grey Material property Font Automotive tire Vehicle Vehicle door Steering part Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

(The 3 different parts theory also matches up with the diagram that you posted, especially since the sunroof-only switch is smaller than the others.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
So you're able to control both the front and the center lights independently?

Yeah, those generic pictures bug me, because I'm never 100% sure if the part matches or not.

So the thing that is confusing me now is that all the parts sites I can find list two different parts depending on whether the car has a sunroof or not.
But from what I can tell, there are actually 3 parts: Cars with a sunroof, Cars with a sunroof AND MTS/Mobile Telematics System (Bluelink), and cars that have neither:

View attachment 748 View attachment 747 View attachment 749

(The 3 different parts theory also matches up with the diagram that you posted, especially since the sunroof-only switch is smaller than the others.)
The front and rear dome lights operate independently.

As for the parts, I often enter those numbers into ebay to see if it shows up. Other times, you can reach out to car partout yards to see if part is available from a crashed Venue too.

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
28 Posts
Thank you for the welcome! I'm loving the green apple Venue in your profile pic, my wife would love it that colour was available in Canada. I wonder if it's possible to special order the colour from Korea when it comes time to trade-in?
Maybe you could special order from the states too?? I do love this color. I never lose it. Lol.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Congratulations! By any chance, are you able to obtain the part number for that front grille? Your southern neighbors in the US have been eyeing that grille for a minute!
I was looking around for some info on this grille. I'm going to guess (and this is only a guess) that the grille part number is 86350-K2020.

I'm only basing this on the fact that the non-chrome grille is 86350-K2000, and the chrome grille is 86350-K2010. A search for that part number shows that it does exist, but unfortunately none of the sites that have it show a real photo.

I really wish I knew how the Hyundai part number format works, but I haven't been able to find an explanation anywhere.
I know for example, that VW's part number format can tell you a lot about what it is: We show you how VW and Audi Part numbers Work - Articles - Deutsche Auto Parts

21 - 29 of 29 Posts