Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just purchased my new venue a week ago. It was already covered with dirt and salt due to michigan weather. I just went through a mister car wash and to be honest..... it scared the crap of of me lol. I didn't even think of all the sensors and damage that could happen. It shook my car a bit but everything seems ok. The door mirrors were both pushed inwards. What are your opinions of drive through car washes? Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Never ever take your car to a drive trough car wash no matter if its a hyundai or not. The spinners are made of plastic fibers which damages the paint enormously.
This of course can be fixed if you go and re-pollish it but it will be way less expensive to pressure wash your car

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't got mine yet, it's supposed to be made this month...on utube I saw one up on a hoist and noticed panels which I presume are made of plastics covering much of the bottom of the car...my question do the panels hold dirt and moisture between them and the body they are covering...I'm especially thinking about rust starting because of trapped dirt holding moisture above the panels and is there a way of cleaning and checking the area above the panels and do some of you remove them once in a while to inspect that area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi! I just purchased my new venue a week ago. It was already covered with dirt and salt due to michigan weather. I just went through a mister car wash and to be honest..... it scared the crap of of me lol. I didn't even think of all the sensors and damage that could happen. It shook my car a bit but everything seems ok. The door mirrors were both pushed inwards. What are your opinions of drive through car washes? Thank you for your time!
Not good idea
I get it , mine had the roof making noise going in
I only do hand spray washes in bins and use light spray on sensors and front grill

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wash my Venue with a bucket and a soft bristle broom. Does the job really quickly. Then rinse with the hose.... And dry with an old-fashioned chamois. I also was the engine bay thoroughly and rinse down liberally with the hose. There are no scratches or swirl marks on the paint. And it has always started tickety-boo after the washing. It is an August 2020 Elite model. That's my experience. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I take both my black cars, a 2020 Santa Fe and a 2021 Venue through a new brush car wash typically once a week for the past 6 months and both vehicles are spotless with absolutely no marks,spots, or swirl marks. Of course, I do not use older brush car washes or ones that recycle the water!
PS- my car wash does NOT have Brushes either. The portion of whirling washing unit that actually touches your car has very soft pliable "cloth like tentacles" that move outward due to the centrical force, not due to them being stiff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts