Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's been the coldest day of the year so far, and the wipers are hard and made a shriek as I turned them on today. I got my can of silicone spray and sprayed some on a rag and wiped all 3 blades with the rag -- applying more lube after each blade

Now the blades slide across the glass like butter. The silicone spray keeps them from freezing and really helps with snow/ice on the windshield.

Go to Harbor Freight Tools or Princess Auto in Canada and get a 25 inch (63 CM) breaker bar and a 19mm deep socket (you probably already have a spare 19mm socket). It will fit easily in the spare tire cavity. It makes changing a flat super easy. Barely touch the breaker bar, and the lugs will turn.

The breaker bar will make rescuing your wife/GF/kids/relatives/friends easier, also.

Any other tips/tricks?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't wash my Venue, because it gets washed by the rain for free :devilish:
I'm the same way. The freaking car lives outside. What does it need to be washed for? I haven't washed a car, by hand or by drive-through, in over twenty years. The most I'll do is clean the windshield at a gas station if there is excessive bird droppings on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Invest $20 of so in a California Duster. I used one for years on my Elantra and now on the Venue, just give a quick once-over with the duster and back to clean and shiny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts