Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Father’s Day everyone

I have the pink coolant in my 22 I got in December.
it’s June and it’s only an inch above the low mark after driving
it was about 2 inches below
full when they gave it to me
it seems like a lot of coolant use for a 6months
Anyone else have about the same usage? can you tell me what type I can fill it up myself or do I have to go the dealer

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
324 Posts
I haven't been checking mine but, after reading your post, I think I will in future.
The manual states:
"The coolant level should be filled between the F and the L marks on the side of the coolant reservoir when the engine is cool.
If the coolant level is low, add enough distilled (deionized) water to bring the level to the F mark, but do not overfill. If frequent additions are required, see an authorized HYUNDAI dealer for a cooling system inspection."
The small amount of water you add to the coolant to bring it up to F won't make a big difference in the antifreeze protection. Maybe measure and keep a record of the amount and date you added to the reservoir.
If you want to, add a 50/50% mix of distilled water and antifreeze (ethylene-glycol with phosphate based coolant):
Font Parallel Electric blue Screenshot Number

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I looked online at book I was looking for the over-the-counter premixed mine when it’s cool is only a half an inch inch above L and that’s only since December but it was not totally full when they gave it to me it was 2 inches I believe close to 2 inches below F I want to get something I can buy already mixed thank you

·
Registered
324 Posts
thank you I looked online at book I was looking for the over-the-counter premixed mine when it’s cool is only a half an inch inch above L and that’s only since December but it was not totally full when they gave it to me it was 2 inches I believe close to 2 inches below F I want to get something I can buy already mixed thank you
I wouldn't rush to judgement just yet. It could be some air was trapped in the system after the factory fill and it burped out during use, in which case it would replace the air with coolant from the tank. Fill it with a good 50/50 premix and monitor the level for some time. The cooling system is pressurized and as the coolant expands and contracts with temperature it will move coolant to and from the reservoir. Because of this you can expect some variability in the reservoir level.
This may explain better that I...

Mine is a bit above full this morning, when cold.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was never near full when I picked up the car that’s my fault for not making them fill it up it was 2 to 3 inches below full cold
right now it is 1 inch above L cold that’s too low for six months I think so at least

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine was never near full when I picked up the car that’s my fault for not making them fill it up it was 2 to 3 inches below full cold
right now it is 1 inch above L cold that’s too low for six months I think so at least
You can't assume it's using coolant at this point. Fill it and monitor it. Go to the dealer and ask them to fill it, I'm sure they will, then you get the same coolant. Like I said, maybe some air burped out of the system from the factory bleed or the level was never set right in the first place. If it did burp air, it would suck in coolant to replace the air and cause the tank level to drop.
I seem to recall that mine showed just below full in the winter. Now it's above. I'd expect that due to the coolant expansion with outside temperature. If you fill it now, in winter it will drop with outside temperature. If it stays between the L and H you are golden.
If the reservoir was empty I'd be worried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts