Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice writeup, any idea how to take out the center console where the 12v plug is? I want to tap my dash cam into that wire but can’t figure out how to get access to the wire.
How To Remove Hyundai I30 Center Console - YouTube
Probably the same as this.

Seems like a lot of work. :LOL:

I would do a Add-A-Circuit for a Dash Cam as an alternative.
DIY | LED Footwell Lights - Interior Lighting | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com) (Same Wiring, but different device powered).

Or get power from your OBD.
DIY | Dash Cam with Respectable Wiring | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com)

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the US Models, the fog light trim is permanently attached to the bumper itself.
That piece is what is removable from the bumper.

Try removing the fog light trim yourself, you will be R.I.P. 😭
In fact, if you are able to remove the fog light trim, I will pay for you fog lights (after market only, OEM too expensive)

(4) Help Needed | Fog Lights Wiring 🚘 | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com)

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is why the Fog Lights are not compatible with USA Bumper.
The fog light trim pieces are built-in with this bumper piece.
I can finally die in piece. #RIP 🙏📿

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

Didn't mean to post everywhere, but just informing relative posts.

·
Registered
2021 Ceramic White SE, iVT(CVT)
36 Posts
This is why the Fog Lights are not compatible with USA Bumper.
The fog light trim pieces are built-in with this bumper piece.
I can finally die in piece. #RIP 🙏📿

View attachment 842

Didn't mean to post everywhere, but just informing relative posts.
Ralph, I am wondering if they squirt some glue in there when they assemble the US based units. Have you tried (slowly and gently) running a putty knife, xacto knife or single edged razor blade between parts from the back?

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ralph, I am wondering if they squirt some glue in there when they assemble the US based units. Have you tried (slowly and gently) running a putty knife, xacto knife or single edged razor blade between parts from the back?
It is as hard as hard plastic can be.
Need some sort of specialized cutter if one were to cut it out.

·
Registered
2021 Ceramic White SE, iVT(CVT)
36 Posts
It is as hard as hard plastic can be.
Need some sort of specialized cutter if one were to cut it out.
Yeah, I was rethinking that right after I posted it and decided that I wouldn't be willing to risk messing up my grille if the inserts didn't just pop out easily. It was just wishful thinking on my part, because I would love to add fog lights too. You are wise not to take the chance on breaking it.

It's probably way too expensive, but you may want to ask your dealership if they could do the install. At least that way they would be responsible for the grille if they broke it. It never hurts to ask!

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I was rethinking that right after I posted it and decided that I wouldn't be willing to risk messing up my grille if the inserts didn't just pop out easily. It was just wishful thinking on my part, because I would love to add fog lights too. You are wise not to take the chance on breaking it.

It's probably way too expensive, but you may want to ask your dealership if they could do the install. At least that way they would be responsible for the grille if they broke it. It never hurts to ask!
Yeah, the fog lights inserts should pop right off and should take no less than 1 minute on the Indian Venues.
I think the only way this would work is to get a bumper that is fog lights compatible from factory.

Custom fitting the fog lights on the current bumper is kinda iffy.

I have asked Hyundai dealerships to install fog lights on my Venue.
They said since the USA version do not have it. They will not install it.
I think they are fully aware that it is not compatible.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's also a chance that with US regulations, the bumper might actually be reinforced differently than all the oversea models. We tend to have larger foam pieces and front bash bar here in the US (Toyota C-HR for reference, has this same issue)

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's also a chance that with US regulations, the bumper might actually be reinforced differently than all the oversea models. We tend to have larger foam pieces and front bash bar here in the US (Toyota C-HR for reference, has this same issue)
I research Hyundai Canada and Mexico.
They don't sell Venues with fog lights there.
So I can't buy a bumper from those areas.

Automotive exterior Line Rectangle Material property Font

If one were to custom mount led strip to the bumper, the following would be ideal mounting spots.

Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light

1 - 15 of 15 Posts