Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a quick guide to add some footwell lights to your venue. (NOT SPONSORED)
Please let me know the clarity of the guide so I can get better in making them. Thanks.

Project Cost: $30-$70
Expected Time: 1 Hour, or less

Shopping List for the Project:
• ADD-A-Fuse(Micro2)

• Footwell LED Lights

• Ring Terminal Connector

1.)

2.)

3.)

I forgot which AWG to buy.😭 I believe it was below 20AWG. The higher the AWG number, the tighter the circle gets. The lower the AWG, the wider the circle gets.

4.)

5.)

6.)

Don't Flex 😡🤬

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matrix Reloaded Pt.2

(Install LEDS at the front USB ports and passenger compartment)

(Purple Mode)

(Teal Mode)

(Night-time Shot)

"He's beginning to believe"

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Venue SEL
5 Posts
@ralph_venue this is awesome - any idea what LED kit you used and where you routed your wires? This is my first interior car design project and I'm feeling my inexperience right now :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a general diagram of the wiring placement for a (4) tubes/strips install.
You can buy up to (12) tubes/strips, I believe. I have a (8) tubes/strips in my car.
Here is the LED website: LEDGlow Lighting – LED Underglow Lights & LED Underbody Kits

It is easy to get overwhelmed if this is your very first project.
When I did this, I probably took 2-3 hours to do and it was sloppy.
Now, I can install this for anyone in 30 minutes.

You kinda have to get crafty with hiding the wires and make sure you don't have anything poking out.
Use a lot of those gardener's twist tapes, or zip ties.

In the Car Automotive World, the customer always wants the cleanest/best installs.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

You can do it, young padawan.
Ask all your questions away.

·
Registered
158 Posts
@ralph_venue this is awesome - any idea what LED kit you used and where you routed your wires? This is my first interior car design project and I'm feeling my inexperience right now :LOL:
Interior lights for dummies my man. Just go buy one of these 2 strip led lights at a local auto parts store that plug into the 12V power outlet on your center console. Snake the wires in the cracks of your dash to conceal. Install time…about 10 minutes.
Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Car Radio

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interior lights for dummies my man. Just go buy one of these 2 strip led lights at a local auto parts store that plug into the 12V power outlet on your center console. Snake the wires in the cracks of your dash to conceal. Install time…about 10 minutes.
View attachment 879
Yeah, that works very well.
But #RIP other 12V powered devices (aka my mini fridge plug)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, that works very well.
But #RIP other 12V powered devices (aka my mini fridge plug)
Mini fridge 🤣…that’s a good one!
Personally I don’t have a use for the 12V. Don’t need a radar detector cause I’m too slow and I get ice in my drinks at the drive thru. I suppose you could just unplug it when you need the 12V for something else. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I originally had the 12v slot set-up for my LEDS.
However, after remote starting it, the LEDS would not turn on unless the car was officially turned on by pressing the brake pedal.
Wiring it to the fuse box bypassed that, and the LEDs would turn on as soon as the the car was remote started.

The little things, i guess.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I remote start with blue link, the footwell leds come on when I get in and close the door. I mean if I’m not there, why would I need them to be on?🤣

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Venue SEL
5 Posts
View attachment 879
Haha yep I’ve got something akin to that right now, but the wiring is annoying me and I want my 12V back. It’s gonna be hard I’m sure, but gotta start somewhere!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Venue SEL
5 Posts
Here is a general diagram of the wiring placement for a (4) tubes/strips install.
You can buy up to (12) tubes/strips, I believe. I have a (8) tubes/strips in my car.
Here is the LED website: LEDGlow Lighting – LED Underglow Lights & LED Underbody Kits

You kinda have to get crafty with hiding the wires and make sure you don't have anything poking out.

In the Car Automotive World, the customer always wants the cleanest/best installs.

View attachment 876

Thank you, oh Venue master 🙏🏼 Hopefully I can work it out!

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When I remote start with blue link, the footwell leds come on when I get in and close the door. I mean if I’m not there, why would I need them to be on?🤣
It is kinda like courtesy lights when the doors are opened. Added security feeling, or something.
Also, while approaching your vehicle, you get to experience what pedestrian people see when you drive by them while you have the LED lights on. Super cool.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Trunk Automotive exterior

Time to Convert to the Fuse Box Gang, Mayo!

#SayNoToGhettoInstalls

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Venue SEL
5 Posts
3M projector attachments triggered by magnet and powered by AAA batteries

Not the absolute best system, but at $10 a pair it’s pretty nice!
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
158 Posts
It is kinda like courtesy lights when the doors are opened. Added security feeling, or something.
Also, while approaching your vehicle, you get to experience what pedestrian people see when you drive by them while you have the LED lights on. Super cool.
Time to Convert to the Fuse Box Gang, Mayo!

#SayNoToGhettoInstalls
I’m good bro. If I ever need that 12v plug, I will just unplug the lights and use it. I’m getting too old I guess and Vanessa gets the first class treatment around here and I’m about done with her at this point. With me anymore…less is more.👍🏼
Car Gear shift Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle

·
Registered
158 Posts
Main chick, Vanessa.
Side piece, Venue.
As the Fonz would say…correctamundo.
Besides, I’m not getting jacked by Hyundai for a future electric problem under warranty because of an add a fuse. I don’t give them reasons to void my warranty under bumper to bumper.
V never had a warranty, so I started modding her day one. You should have seen the neighbors face when I brought her home bone stock and starting tearing her apart in the driveway.lol 😳

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Venue SEL
5 Posts

View attachment 876

Question about the Micro2 fuse listed: did you have to chisel down the housing on it to fit it in the fuse box? Tried to put it in for a test run last night but to no avail - it was to wide to plug in

1 - 20 of 21 Posts