Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Damn, I thought dual clutch transmissions were only for fast sports cars.
In case anyone is confused, a DCT (or "dual clutch transmission") is NOT a manual transmission. It is an automatic transmission with discrete gear ratios (meaning, NOT a CVT) that happens to use two clutches. One clutch is for the odd-numbered gears, and the other one is for the even-numbered gears. This lets it run through a large number of gear ratios very quickly, thus keeping the engine speed very close to the optimal zone at all times. It used to be only used in high-end cars, but is getting more popular in medium-priced vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Any chance you can post a photo of the door with the panel off that shows the whole door so we can see where all the screw holes and mounts are?
I don't have a full picture, but for the rear door there's only one screw: inside the interior door handle.

On the front door there's one inside the handle, and one in the top corner of the panel:

The rest of the door panel is held on by clips that just pop off. If you feel along the bottom, there's an opening where you can insert a trim removal tool to get it started.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
On the front side, does the elbow rest area detach from the main part of the door card? If it does, I have a person I know that does reupholstery work that can make it padded.
Don't quote me on this, but I think it does. I think there are a few screws and maybe some clips holding it on.

One thing I noticed when tearing everything apart is that there are some parts that are considered to be an entire unit, but are made up of multiple smaller parts.
For example, the door panel is one part, but the upper speaker grille can be detached from it. Which is why the SE has a different grille than the trims that have a separate tweeter.

Make sure you share with us if you do this mod!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts