Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Ultimate towards the end of January and was to be built in March and then got another email from Hyundai saying it would be built in April and the other day I got another email saying it's a for sure this month and I've been reading lots of stuff on this board and I haven't seen anything on oil consumption by the engines between oil changes, so I'm just asking if anyone has experienced this...I know that it can happen usually at break-in...of all the vehicles that I've owned the only car that ever used any oil between changes was my 1973 Corvette 454 and it was a common thing for some big block Chevy engines back then...I don't think the smaller engines of today like what our cars have would use oil between changes unless they were abused or something like a gasket failure happened?

I hang onto my vehicles for a very long time, 20 years or more, and I take care of them and the Venue is going to replace my 20 year old Neon 4 cylinder and it's a very good engine and has never cause me any problems and I maintained it beyond factory limits...one of the reasons I'm replacing my daily driver with a Venue is because it's a naturally aspired engine and should be trouble free for things like turbos etc. needing extra maintenance and replacing and I'm now 75 so getting 20 years out of my new daily driver will be a toss up between which expires first, the Venue or me.馃ぃ

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Mine doesn't use any oil between changes. Although my oil changes are at 6 month at about 3600kms. Only put 7200kms on it in first year.

Registered
I've had mine for two years, and changed the oil twice, and driven a total of about 7000 miles. I never check the oil level, but haven't had any problems. And the dealer who did the oil changes never mentioned it. So I'm gonna guess that it isn't an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts