Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my Venue this morning to drive to work. Unlocked the doors with the fob, opened the passenger door to put in my backpack, shut the door, walked around to the driver's side, opened the door and got in. Then when I tried to close the door, it wouldn't go the final inch into the frame. At first I thought the seat belt was stuck in the door, but it wasn't.

I got out and tried several more times. It never went that last inch. So I took the bus to work! Leaving the car in the parking lot with the driver's side door slightly ajar, which worried me a bit.

While at my office, I did a Google search and found that this is a common thing! At least, there were tons of short videos explaining what is happening and how to fix it. The problem is that the little "finger" thing on the door sometimes sticks in the closed position when it should be retracted, allowing the door to close around the little loop on the frame. The solution is to pull on the door handle (as if you are opening it) while pushing back on the finger with a screwdriver. I took the bus home over lunch time and tried it. Worked like a charm! Drove back to the office, and the door closed normally again when I got there.

In my 50+ years of riding in cars, I've never had this happen before, or ever heard of it. Anyone else have this problem? With your Venue, or with any other vehicle? Thanks!

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Had it happen with a few doors and trunks. If the latch doesn't open the whole way for some reason, when you try to close the door it hits the striker, closes the latch and no amount of slamming will close it. Glad you found the solution.

Registered
same here on a car I had about 25 years ago and ever since I kept all that I could get at on the door parts well lubricated...the stuff I've been using as a lubricate for many years now is called Rust Check, they have their products in spray cans as well as they have outlets where you can get your entire vehicles sprayed...the reason I use it instead of things like WD40 is that as well as being a rust inhibitor it also lubricates.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I think the dealers use white lithium grease because it's not runny. I always thought it could cause issues in cold weather, making things stick.
Rust check...especially the the green can. It's the bomb!
Automotive tire Plant Tin Tire Paint

Registered
I think the dealers use white lithium grease because it's not runny. I always thought it could cause issues in cold weather, making things stick.
Rust check...especially the the green can. It's the bomb!
View attachment 1675
before I got a car that could be locked and unlocked with a fob and had to use a key I always sprayed Rust Check in the key part of the doors which is especially helpful in my cars because I keep them for at least 20+ years. 馃榿

1 - 5 of 5 Posts