Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hard wired a camera directly to the battery and have been getting all kinds of intermittent static on the audio in playback. I also receive it when a radar unit is plugged into the 12 volt outlet in the dash.

Does anybody know if there is some new electrical component in the system that could cause the static?

I tried several work around's including adding a separate 12 volt outlet to the battery to no avail.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
153 Posts
Interesting...
Either the camera is defective, or the camera is getting too little / too much power.

Is the direct connection to the battery fused? and what rating?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Automobiles are inherently electrically noisy. Too many intermittent contacts create all sorts of electrical and electromagnetic interference. It took decades before someone found a way to make a radio work in a car (and that person created the Motorola company, for "motorized victrola").

I don't have a solution to your problem; just pointing out that it is an inherently difficult issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
15amp fuse, never an issue in.past vehicles. Same equipment transferred over to the Venue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are the wires from the battery to the cabin close to other wires? You might be picking up interference from other wires that are close.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's a ground issue. I only had a typical single ground, but now split it between both grounds on opposite fenders in the engine compartment. I still had some oscillation and added another ground from the secondary backup battery and that cleared more up. I might add another.

It's really unusual. My employee has a similar issue with his new Santa Fe. It could be all the new sensors and electronic stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you tried wiring through the fuse box instead with a tap-a-fuse? It should reduce some of the static you're getting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts