Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, have a good day!!!
Question. As far as I know, our cars have an electronic thermostat. When it was really cold, the temperature arrow when the engine warmed up rose smoothly to almost 90 degrees. Now it has become warm in our region up to + 20 and I noticed that as I start the car, I start moving and the arrow smoothly rises to + 50 gr, then one more division and another ...., and then smoothly DOWN by a quarter division and rises again to exactly + 90 gr and stays that way throughout the ride. I drive without a stove
Question if anyone knows. Why does the arrow go down smoothly for a few mm, and then the arrow rises again, is this related to the electronic thermostat?

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
38 Posts
I guess it depends mostly in Engine Load, meaning, Idling at a Red Light for a long time, versus going 120 Km on the freeway.
Now I'm curious how your instrument cluster looks like. The ones I've seen don't have any numbers on the Engine Coolant gauge. In my area now is Spring time and temperature stays around 10 Celsius. In my Venue the Needle usually stays just below the mid-point when fully warmed up; and I use the Heater quite often.
As long as gauge does not go over the Red Line it should be all good.
Watch White Clock Material property Auto part
This is how the Engine Coolant gauge is in the North American Versions. At least the ones I've seen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here I filmed a video, in Parking for about 3 minutes the car warmed up to just below 90 degrees, the temperature started to go down and as the arrow moved, it leveled off to 90 degrees. so throughout the ride the arrow of the table is exactly up to 90 gr

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
167 Posts
Here I filmed a video, in Parking for about 3 minutes the car warmed up to just below 90 degrees, the temperature started to go down and as the arrow moved, it leveled off to 90 degrees. so throughout the ride the arrow of the table is exactly up to 90 gr
We don't have numbers on our thermostats here in the US. Although mine doesn't fluctuate like yours, one thing I noticed is that when the car is fully warmed up, it doesn't point to the center of the gauge. It's just a little bit below the mid-point. Never saw a car do that before, but it seems to be normal for the Venue if you watch any POV drives on Youtube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts