Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Venue is using up a lot of petrol at 1km worth of petrol per kilometre. I have taken it back for servicing a couple of times however the technicians have stated both times that there is no problem. I don't believe this because for every kilometre I drive, I lose 1km of petrol. It is a lot of petrol for a new car which I bought last year in July.

My previous Ford Fiesta was a lot more fuel efficient that my current Venue. I am feeling frustrated because if this is an ongoing issue, I will sell my car.

Does anyone else have similar problems with fuel efficiency?

· Registered
517 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think there is a language barrier going on here. What do you mean by a "km"? To me, a km is the same as a kilometre, and you can't measure petrol consumption in km. You need to measure it in some unit of volume, like gallons or liters or cubic centimeters. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry, but I think there is a language barrier going on here. What do you mean by a "km"? To me, a km is the same as a kilometre, and you can't measure petrol consumption in km. You need to measure it in some unit of volume, like gallons or liters or cubic centimeters. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand!
Speedometer Gauge Tachometer Fuel gauge Automotive design
When I am driving, the petrol counter drops 1km every time I drive 1km. For example I have attached a photo of the petrol counter highlighted in yellow. For every kilometre I drive, it drops down per km.

Another example is I drove about 6km into the city and back home (12km in total) and I used up 15km of petrol, ie. left home when it was 150km in the counter and returned home to 137km left. Hope this clarifies?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I am driving, the petrol counter drops 1km every time I drive 1km. For example I have attached a photo of the petrol counter highlighted in yellow. For every kilometre I drive, it drops down per km.

Another example is I drove about 6km into the city and back home (12km in total) and I used up 15km of petrol, ie. left home when it was 150km in the counter and returned home to 135km left. Hope this clarifies?

· Registered
260 Posts

Another example is I drove about 6km into the city and back home (12km in total) and I used up 15km of petrol, ie. left home when it was 150km in the counter and returned home to 137km left. Hope this clarifies?
I to don't quite understand what you're saying...on the photo it's telling you that you have 27km left of gas you can travel according to the amount of gas left in your tank...for instance I topped up my 2022 Ultimate Venue with gas and cleared the counters this afternoon and it's telling me that I should have enough gas to go 600 kilometers before I need to gas up again and it's going by the average amounts of liters of gas/100kilometers that my car is doing and when I got home from the gas station which was at least a kilometer or more from my house it still says that I have 600km before fill up,,,even though I traveled a least a kilometer my millage gauge will show that distance that I traveled but the counter in your picture does not show you millage that you've traveled it's just a guess amount type of gauge going by your average liters/100kl...here's a website that will do conversions of liters/100km...hope this helps you.

· Registered
517 Posts

Okay, I think I understand. You can't use that km figure that you circled in your picture to figure your fuel efficiency. That is just a guess on the part of the onboard computer, predicting how much gas you have left, based on some sort of average of your overall fuel efficiency.

If you want to see your actual fuel efficiency, you have to cycle your display to show it directly. I don't know how it works on Venues for your country, but in my USA Venue, I cycle through the display with the little toggle switch by my right thumb. Push on that switch and watch the display until it tells you your actual efficiency, probably in liters per 100km.

· Registered
260 Posts
I to don't quite understand what you're saying...on the photo it's telling you that you have 27km left of gas you can travel according to the amount of gas left in your tank...for instance I topped up my 2022 Ultimate Venue with gas and cleared the counters this afternoon and it's telling me that I should have enough gas to go 600 kilometers before I need to gas up again and it's going by the average amounts of liters of gas/100kilometers that my car is doing and when I got home from the gas station which was at least a kilometer or more from my house it still says that I have 600km before fill up,,,even though I traveled a least a kilometer my millage gauge will show that distance that I traveled but the counter in your picture does not show you millage that you've traveled it's just a guess amount type of gauge going by your average liters/100kl...here's a website that will do conversions of liters/100km...hope this helps you.
as well as the conversion site here is a site where you can access various manuals but I suspect you must have got some with your Venue and they are fairly thick with lots of reading for you to do I know even though the salesperson showed my the ways to make changes I still had to read the manuals...hope this site helps you but it might just be for the North American areas.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
I didn't read every comment in detail but the number circled is the range estimate so of course it drops 1km for every 1km driven. It should not to be confused with fuel economy or volume of fuel consumed.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Paper

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't read every comment in detail but the number circled is the range estimate so of course it drops 1km for every 1km driven. It should not to be confused with fuel economy or volume of fuel consumed.

View attachment 1640
Thanks. This morning I took a short round trip total of 6km. I left home with 80km petrol and when I got back home it was 67km. It doesn’t make sense for a simple short trip.

This also means I am required to refill my tank a lot faster than usual.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
Thanks. This morning I took a short round trip total of 6km. I left home with 80km petrol and when I got back home it was 67km. It doesn’t make sense for a simple short trip.

This also means I am required to refill my tank a lot faster than usual.
It is a display of the estimated distance left in the tank, it is highly dependent on how hard you are driving, short trips use more fuel, idling affects it too. This display is not a fair measure of fuel economy.
Best to go by the actual fuel economy indicators displayed on the trip computer. These numbers will vary too, depending on driving style, city vs highway driving. Here in Canada we use L/100km to measure fuel economy. Some countries use km/L. Not sure which you use.
I use the Drive Info display to keep track of fuel economy. It displays economy for the current trip. If you stop it resets after 4 hours but if you go again within 4 hours it continues where it left off. I tend to get 4.8-5.6 L/100km on a highway drive while city driving yields 7.5-8.1 L/100km. It gets worse in winter due to warming up before driving. Short drives use more fuel, I drove 4.4km and the fuel economy was 10.9 L/100km, mainly because the engine didn't have time to fully warm up.
The accumulated info display has to be reset manually and provides a long term average fuel economy.
The average fuel economy display resets after you drive away from the gas pump when more than 6 liters is added to the fuel tank.
My old car got 15.5 L/100km city and 9 L/100km highway. The Venue is a fuel sipper in comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts