Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had issues with their floor mats wearing down quickly? Im a little over 3k on the clock and Ive noticed my drivers side floor mat is wearing quickly. Ill be honest my heel probably digs at it but wasn't sure if there were other people who experieinced the issue before or not. Its under warranty Im sure

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anyone had issues with their floor mats wearing down quickly? Im a little over 3k on the clock and Ive noticed my drivers side floor mat is wearing quickly. Ill be honest my heel probably digs at it but wasn't sure if there were other people who experieinced the issue before or not. Its under warranty Im sure
the heel spot is always the first to go...I don't have my Venue yet so I don't know what the mats are like...is the under side of the mat a rubber material?...I will probably be getting additional mats like Weathertech mats because I live in winter land where we get about 5 months of crappy snow/wet weather.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the heel spot is always the first to go...I don't have my Venue yet so I don't know what the mats are like...is the under side of the mat a rubber material?...I will probably be getting additional mats like Weathertech mats because I live in winter land where we get about 5 months of crappy snow/wet weather.

Just the top side starting to wear.. Its not through the rubber or anything.. The heel part wore down on my Kia Soul Also. I guess there is no way to prevent it.. Can't imagine what a woman's floor mat looks like if they wear high heels LOL! The Weather Tech ones don't look very nice compared to the carpeted ones.. I guess its just me being picky :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just the top side starting to wear.. Its not through the rubber or anything.. The heel part wore down on my Kia Soul Also. I guess there is no way to prevent it.. Can't imagine what a woman's floor mat looks like if they wear high heels LOL! The Weather Tech ones don't look very nice compared to the carpeted ones.. I guess its just me being picky :)
my Venue will be my daily driver and will be 24/7 outside and it's replacing my 20 year old daily driver and the one before that one was 24 years old so I try to keep up with protection with all the extreme wear spots...I've ordered a Denim Ultimate and I know what you mean for the looks...I'm a car nut so the rest of the car will get loving care and I like the whole of the car for the purpose it will be used for, and I might just use the weather techs for the winter months at first...I'm retired and the only one using the car and will have the time for looking after it...here's the site for the weather tech for Venues. 2022 Hyundai Venue WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech Canada

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the KAGUs for my 2015 Honda FIT & loved them. When I bought my Venue, I tried selling them on Kijijji but had no offers. I had tried buying them for the front row only for my Venue, but they were unavailable anywhere in Canada in front row config only, as I don't need them for the back row. I tried them in my Venue and to my surprise, they turned out to be an almost complete "fit". The only difference I found was that the fastener clip holes don't align, but they're a snug fit and don't move.
I didn't have the same luck with my FIT cargo tray. No way will it fit in the Venue unless I take the scissors to it, which I still might do.:unsure:

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
177 Posts
I sometimes watch The Detail Geek on YouTube, and one good trick I learned is to clean your mats with one of those brush drill attachments. (Amazon link here, but you can find them at any auto parts store)

Put some soap and water on them, then use the drill brush to really scrub them well. Of course it won't be able to restore carpet that's worn away, but if it's just dirty and matted down, this will really make them spring back to life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts