Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to get a new laptop with Windows 11 and ran into a problem converting my LP's to my computer so I could put their music on a thumb drive so I could listen to it in my Venue.

I’ve got just under 400 LP’s and started converting them about 10 years or more ago so I could listen to their music in my cars and was using ROXIO Creator 10 to convert their music, which I was able to use through all the Window’s formats right up to my last W10 laptop...I now have a HP W11 laptop, which doesn’t have the proper in and out 3.5 connection...I understand that many newer PC/Laptops are like this, so I’ve bought a DIGIT NOW USB Audio Capture device which I just got from Amazon for $27.19 with shipping etc...it has all the cables and an USB converter and AUDACITY software and it all works great. I can now again use my RXIO to edit my conversions.

As well because newer Audio Amp Receivers do not have PHONO connections, a few years ago I bought a Pyle Pre-amp PP999 for about $30.00 also from Amazon when I had to get a new Audio Receiver which didn’t have the PHONO connections.

Almost all vehicles now only have USB outlets and no CD players for us to access our own music, and even computer manufactures are changing the way they are setting up their PC's...we're seeing that LP's are making a come back again, and if you want to take their music with you in your vehicle or iPhone you need a way to convert the LP music.

· Registered
517 Posts
You are soooo correct about modern amps and receivers having no PHONO input! I'm lucky that my old Sansui amp that I bought in the 1970s is still working! I am still working on converting my LPs to digital. And using an old Dell desktop that still has analog audio inputs and outputs. I've got about 4000 songs on a USB stick in my Venue that keeps me happy.

Kind of off topic, but I have two copies of Derek and the Dominos "Layla and Other Love Songs" - an LP version and a CD version. I digitized the LP version into mp3 format, and it sounds MUCH MORE AUTHENTIC than the CD version. I won't say it sounds "better" because that would be a difficult argument to make, but I much prefer the way it sounds.

Yes, I AM an old fart. Why do you ask?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are soooo correct about modern amps and receivers having no PHONO input! I'm lucky that my old Sansui amp that I bought in the 1970s is still working! I am still working on converting my LPs to digital. And using an old Dell desktop that still has analog audio inputs and outputs. I've got about 4000 songs on a USB stick in my Venue that keeps me happy.

Kind of off topic, but I have two copies of Derek and the Dominos "Layla and Other Love Songs" - an LP version and a CD version. I digitized the LP version into mp3 format, and it sounds MUCH MORE AUTHENTIC than the CD version. I won't say it sounds "better" because that would be a difficult argument to make, but I much prefer the way it sounds.

Yes, I AM an old fart. Why do you ask?
my Kenwood receiver packed it in about 6 years ago and as well my ADC Equalizer and both I had since the 70's as well...at least my DUAL 606 direct drive is still hold up...I just did 2 Johnny Rivers LP's and they came out as if they were just recorded...I have 2 128G USB thumb drives made up for my Venue...one is almost full and the other one is getting there...my last daily driver had a CD player and over the years I put my LP music on CD's and now am forced to thumb drives...my 99 Camaro has a CD player...I have a ton of CD's and most are one's I made from my LP's and from back in the days when I used Limewire...the thumb drive that is almost full is mostly rock, blues and country and the other will be classical and jazz and sound tracks...my LP's were treated like royalty and almost no scratches and it's interesting to find out I have some that are valuable like I have one of the Beatles LP's that wasn't stereo.

with this site being a mixture of us old guys and much younger ones it's almost like an archive on past history. 😁

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
WAV is definitely better than MP3 because it is lossless, it does result in larger file sizes than MP3.

· Registered
517 Posts
I've just been using mp3. I figure the inside of a moving car is not an ideal listening environment, so it would be kind of pointless to use a lossless recording technology, and I'd rather be able to fit that much more music. But that's just me.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just been using mp3. I figure the inside of a moving car is not an ideal listening environment, so it would be kind of pointless to use a lossless recording technology, and I'd rather be able to fit that much more music. But that's just me.
actually I find my Ultimate has a great sound system and the music sounds really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts