Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I haven't felt any need to put covers on the seats. They are plenty comfortable as is. The only reason I can think to want to cover them up is if you plan to spill a lot of gunk on them and want to protect them for trade-in value!

I have purchased seat covers, back in the early 80s, when budget cars came with really crappy vinyl seats, and I remember that the NEVER fit well.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
297 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
my 20 year old Neon which is a 24/7 daily driver and is in all the 4 seasons we get here in Canada and it takes what ever those seasons throws at her, the seats a cloth much like what the Venue has and the only time I put anything on the driver's seat is when I have my coveralls on because I'm working on the car and laying on the cement driveway under the car and have dirt and oil and grease and what ever else I get into on the coveralls and what I put over the seat is just an old bed sheet...I've never treated the seats and only vacuumed them and they're a medium gray with a black pattern sown about a quarter inch apart of each other and they look very clean for their colour and surprising they don't have any wear or ripped areas on them and the only thing is that the springs or what ever they use are certainly not like new any more...I'll do the same when I get my Ultimate Denim and maybe even more careful because of the colour and pattern of the seat material...for years now the car manufactures have been using materials that are treated with some sort of fire retardant which I believe has been the safety rules for vehicles and I suspect that material will probably retard some dirt etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts