Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
No, I haven't, sorry. But I am looking forward to replies to your question, because I may make such a trip in the future.

For what it's worth, I have had no problem with 60-ish mile highway trips in my Venue. But I understand that really long trips can be much different. I have made many such trips in my misbegotten youth, particularly in a 1960s era VW beetle!

·
Registered
222 Posts
1800 will suck to some degree in anything short of a tour bus in my world. If you put this little guy on the interstate and set the CC, you should have no problem. Seats are not too bad in the venue imo.

·
Registered
2022 Venue SEL (USA) - "Hydo"
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I haven't, sorry. But I am looking forward to replies to your question, because I may make such a trip in the future.

For what it's worth, I have had no problem with 60-ish mile highway trips in my Venue. But I understand that really long trips can be much different. I have made many such trips in my misbegotten youth, particularly in a 1960s era VW beetle!
I have a bigger SUV but with the gas prices so high I am sure the Venue will be economical choice. So I will venture with the Venue this time. There are stretches of expressway in my route with 75 and 80 mph speed limit. I hope I won’t get bulldozed by semis.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did a 93 miles trip right after the 600 miles break in period and I think the seat is comfortable enough for that long drive. So we’ll see. I’ll report here what comes out of this trip.

·
Sith Lord
DS-1 Death Star
409 Posts
The cruise control and lane keeping assist will make the drive bearable.
The rear seats are not the most comfortable if you have passengers.

I have done a 300 mile trip with a front passenger with me.
Everything was great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cruise control and lane keeping assist will make the drive bearable.
The rear seats are not the most comfortable if you have passengers.

I have done a 300 mile trip with a front passenger with me.
Everything was great.
Thanks. I have planned my route with 300 (plus/minus) miles per stop. Yes, cruise control and LKA will help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My Venue when it finally gets built will be my daily driver and all my daily drivers have been used for short and long drives, and I never expected a luxurious ride out of my daily drivers, and they were bought knowing exactly what I would expect of them...my very first one was bought new and was a 1971 VW Bug, and if I remember was about 55 or so horse power, and I think I paid about $2800.00 Canadian for it, and was the first car I put Michelin Tires on it which were like night and day over the original ones that came with the Bug...I still think that it was the best car I ever had considering the amount I paid for it and it's ride quality which was as I expected...the only way I could get stuck with it in the winter was by bottoming it out on enough snow where the wheels were almost off the ground...my last daily that the Venue will replace is a 20 year old Chrysler Neon with a 5 speed standard and no traction control or ABS braking and after a few years replaced the standard tires with Michelin all season tires which made it even better, especially in the snow and by using the standard trans I had no problems in snow and as well with the 5 speed it helped with braking...I had no problem with distance driving with any of my dailies and after driving the Demo Venue at the dealership I know the Ultimate I ordered will be even better and I'm sure it'll be everything I expect of it...I'm 75 and grew up with all kinds of cars and trucks and probably have experienced all kinds of driving experiences and know what to expect of the Venue.

I'm a car nut and read and watch a lot of car road tests and get a kick out of a lot of the testers trying to compare cars like the Venue to much more expensive priced and much higher horse powered vehicles with things like 0-60 times and ride quality etc. I fully expect the Venue will fill all my needs no matter how short or long of a drive I'll use it for. As the saying goes, "It is as it is".😀

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
298 Posts
My Venue when it finally gets built will be my daily driver and all my daily drivers have been used for short and long drives, and I never expected a luxurious ride out of my daily drivers, and they were bought knowing exactly what I would expect of them...my very first one was bought new and was a 1971 VW Bug, and if I remember was about 55 or so horse power, and I think I paid about $2800.00 Canadian for it, and was the first car I put Michelin Tires on it which were like night and day over the original ones that came with the Bug...I still think that it was the best car I ever had considering the amount I paid for it and it's ride quality which was as I expected...the only way I could get stuck with it in the winter was by bottoming it out on enough snow where the wheels were almost off the ground...my last daily that the Venue will replace is a 20 year old Chrysler Neon with a 5 speed standard and no traction control or ABS braking and after a few years replaced the standard tires with Michelin all season tires which made it even better, especially in the snow and by using the standard trans I had no problems in snow and as well with the 5 speed it helped with braking...I had no problem with distance driving with any of my dailies and after driving the Demo Venue at the dealership I know the Ultimate I ordered will be even better and I'm sure it'll be everything I expect of it...I'm 75 and grew up with all kinds of cars and trucks and probably have experienced all kinds of driving experiences and know what to expect of the Venue.

I'm a car nut and read and watch a lot of car road tests and get a kick out of a lot of the testers trying to compare cars like the Venue to much more expensive priced and much higher horse powered vehicles with things like 0-60 times and ride quality etc. I fully expect the Venue will fill all my needs no matter how short or long of a drive I'll use it for. As the saying goes, "It is as it is".😀
@venue1947 Let me say this...you are unbelievably patient! :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
@venue1947 Let me say this...you are unbelievably patient! :D
over the years I've had 2 cars that took almost 3 months to get...one was a 1973 Corvette Stingray that I ordered and the wait was because of special order equipment and then a 1999 Camaro SS convertible that after I ordered it the dealer said the factory didn't have enough parts to build it and then later they said they could and the car was built at the plant in Montreal and then it got shipped to SLP who converted it to a SS so I think that's where the parts problem was and they finally got it converted...and now the whole world is in back order with Covid and now the Butcher Putin isn't helping things either.🙄😁

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've taken a few trips from southern california to northern california. I don't recommend using Lane Keep Assist in "Active" mode, especially if you're sitting in the right lane, it tends to jerk to the right for any offramps it sees. Cruise Control and LKA (Passive, beeps only) is what I use, and its been perfect for long trips. If I need to do longer trips with 4 people, I'll throw on the cargo box for luggage.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
298 Posts
I've taken a few trips from southern california to northern california. I don't recommend using Lane Keep Assist in "Active" mode, especially if you're sitting in the right lane, it tends to jerk to the right for any offramps it sees. Cruise Control and LKA (Passive, beeps only) is what I use, and its been perfect for long trips. If I need to do longer trips with 4 people, I'll throw on the cargo box for luggage.
The first few times the LKA decided to take the off ramp scared the crap out of me,having to wrestle the car back in my lane. It will go left too, if a left turn lane comes up.

• Wow
Reactions: venue1947

·
Registered
106 Posts
The first few times the LKA decided to take the off ramp scared the crap out of me,having to wrestle the car back in my lane. It will go left too, if a left turn lane comes up.
all these newer options will be new to me having the last newer vehicle that I've bought was 20 years ago and I'll have to take note of all these features I read on this board.🙄☺

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all these newer options will be new to me having the last newer vehicle that I've bought was 20 years ago and I'll have to take note of all these features I read on this board.🙄☺
Yes, I am aware of LKA pulling you offramp when on the right lane. I anticipate this behavior so I am ready to restrain it and keep my straight path. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
How do you change it to passive mode Mochi? I would maybe use it more if it would only beep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you? Does it wander around the expressway? Are the seats comfortable on he long haul? Thanks in advance.
I drove to Kansas City from Albuquerque. It's 800ish miles and back for about 1600 miles. Comfortable to drive. I never sat in the back but my son, who is on the bigger side, said it wasn't bad being back there. Definitly need to get a cargo carrier of some sort for future trips.

I didn't have any issues with wandering and LKA on helped a ton in my opinion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Personally I hate any active assist type "safety" options. They're not perfect, and I feel that it makes me become a lazy driver. I rather drive actively and be engaged in controlling my vehicle

·
Registered
380 Posts
Personally I hate any active assist type "safety" options. They're not perfect, and I feel that it makes me become a lazy driver. I rather drive actively and be engaged in controlling my vehicle
Exactly. That's why I disabled the automatic headlights. I've trained myself well to never leave the car with the headlights on. I'd hate to let modern technology rob me of that training. My next car might not have it!

·
Registered
380 Posts
over the years I've had 2 cars that took almost 3 months to get...one was a 1973 Corvette Stingray that I ordered and the wait was because of special order equipment and then a 1999 Camaro SS convertible that after I ordered it the dealer said the factory didn't have enough parts to build it and then later they said they could and the car was built at the plant in Montreal and then it got shipped to SLP who converted it to a SS so I think that's where the parts problem was and they finally got it converted...and now the whole world is in back order with Covid and now the Butcher Putin isn't helping things either.🙄😁
I once waited six months for a car. In 2005, I test-drove a Scion xA and loved it. I told the dealer I'd buy one with a manual transmission as soon as it came in. I gave them three colors (out of six) that I would accept. It took literally six months for one to come around. I drove it for fifteen years.

I expected the same kind of delay in getting my Venue. I said it has to be manual, and one of these three colors. The dealer called me up less than four hours later with the car ready to go!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my 2-day trip from Northern AZ to Northern IL, the active LKA and cruise control really made the trip easy. Most of the off ramp exits are marked with short broken white lines that the LKA didn’t pull me over to the off ramp. I guess the highway/transportation departments are now doing that to prepare for newer cars equipped with LKA/LFA or those autonomous vehicles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts