Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done anything with the head rests in their Venue yet? My wife has a hard time with the seats.

In the normal position, it pushes her her too far forward, hurting her neck. We tried flipping it around backwards and then it was too far back - no happy medium. We did take a rear one out to try it but the spacing is actually different. I think that's the first time I've seen a car that you couldn't swap the front and rear headrests.

I took a trip to the junkyard today, went through at least a hundred cars of different makes and models and I couldn't find a single headrest with the same spacing between the bars. The only headrests I found that you could adjust the angle were VW/Audi products.

I know they are angled forward for a reason but all I've read say they are all set up for a 6'2" person which isn't over realistic for the majority of the population.

For now we will be turning it backwards and attaching something to fill the gap but I would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks

2021 Venue - Fiery Red with black roof

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone done anything with the head rests in their Venue yet? My wife has a hard time with the seats.

In the normal position, it pushes her her too far forward, hurting her neck. We tried flipping it around backwards and then it was too far back - no happy medium. We did take a rear one out to try it but the spacing is actually different. I think that's the first time I've seen a car that you couldn't swap the front and rear headrests.

I took a trip to the junkyard today, went through at least a hundred cars of different makes and models and I couldn't find a single headrest with the same spacing between the bars. The only headrests I found that you could adjust the angle were VW/Audi products.

I know they are angled forward for a reason but all I've read say they are all set up for a 6'2" person which isn't over realistic for the majority of the population.

For now we will be turning it backwards and attaching something to fill the gap but I would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks

2021 Venue - Fiery Red with black roof
I have the exactly the same issue with the head rests pushing my head too far forward for comfort on the Venue, as well as with some other cars. Turning the headrests around worked perfectly on my Honda Fit. On the Venue, however, I had safety concerns with there being too much distance between the back of the head and the headrest, after flipping them around. In the end, what worked for me was, leaving the headrests in their normal position, tilting the seat-back, every so slightly(one notch) back and using a small lumbar pillow to position me ever so slightly forward from the seat back. The combination of adjusting the seat back and adding the small lumber pillow did the trick.The headrest is no longer in contact with my head but it is close enough that risking whiplash injury is not a concern should there be a rear end collision.The lumbar pillow can be used or easily tossed aside by other drivers. Now, does anyone want to talk about the lack of height adjustable seatbelts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I initially had the same problem. Solved it by adding a small seat cushion bought on Amazon (approx. 3" thick which compresses to just the right amount), adjusting the seat so I could just see the hood and raising the headrest. I'm 5'4" and came from driving a Honda FIT which had to have the most uncomfortable driver's seat ever created.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts