Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
has anyone have any issue with rock chips or pitting with the headlights being so low
I was so disappointed after three months I saw chip right in the middle of one of the headlights housing afraid to mess with it, but I don’t want it to get water I don’t think it’s broke through but hate to pay a fortune to replace I have the new car warranty but I didn’t buy the extended
Any thoughts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
298 Posts
Damn, now you have everyone out checking their headlights...lol. I don't have any issues with mine, not yet at least.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No. Just dried water spots.
wonder if the companies that do repairs like this for windshields can do anything for it like they do on windshields and would probably be cheaper than getting a new headlight or headlight cover...mmore then likely the headlight is a one piece item...I know a guy who had this and he had to get the whole thing and the estimate was $1200.00...I don't have my Venue yet to see if the headlights are glass or an other material...the other thing I'd try is get some Gorilla glue product to put on the chip...they have clear stuff...I've used their products and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you try to fill the chip with a clear glue, be sure to use masking tape to carefully tape all the way around the chip before you apply glue. Apply the glue, wipe off any excess glue before removing the masking tape and let it dry for the recommended time.
Without the masking tape, when removing the excess glue, it's easy to smear the glue onto to clear lens of the headlight and you will not like the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts