Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I am Nifty_Biscuit, I am learning more about cars as I go. I own a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage, and have been a member of the Mirage Forum for a bit now. My S/O recently traded in her 2019 Beetle Turbo for a 2022 Venue, and so I am hoping to become more active here as I learn about this car. Thanks in advance for any future help!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. My sister had a Beetle, and it was a pile of s--t so smart thinking on your S/O trading it away.
The trade in value was more than she bought it for, which was funny because the company that sold it to her (now out of business) didn't mention that it had damage to the headlight assembly and body. Between the "special european oil", the large hungry gas tank and the repairs it needed I think she came out on top with the trade in as well.

· Registered
517 Posts
The trade in value was more than she bought it for, which was funny because the company that sold it to her (now out of business) didn't mention that it had damage to the headlight assembly and body. Between the "special european oil", the large hungry gas tank and the repairs it needed I think she came out on top with the trade in as well.
The market is so screwed up right now, that a lot of people can trade in their late-model used car for more than they paid for it. Which is not as good as it sounds, because it also costs you that much more to buy another car to replace it!

· Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
213 Posts
The market is so screwed up right now, that a lot of people can trade in their late-model used car for more than they paid for it. Which is not as good as it sounds, because it also costs you that much more to buy another car to replace it!
Exactly. You get a great offer on your trade, but then you have to turn around and buy another car in the same overheated market.

· Registered
318 Posts
Exactly. You get a great offer on your trade, but then you have to turn around and buy another car in the same overheated market.
Thankfully new car prices have remained pretty static unless it's a super in demand vehicle with a dealer markup.

I definitely wouldn't go from used to used right now. Only from used to new. I have a not too bright buddy who bought a 3 year old Nissan Frontier off Carvana for 28k. It has 30,000 miles. To replace his old truck.

Local Toyota dealer had 8 new Tacomas for 33k. No markup. 4x4 base models. The Frontier is base 4x4 too.

He got cold feet and backed out before signing for Tacoma. And went on Carvana a week later and got the Nissan. So now for only a few grand cheaper, he has a used truck with half the warranty. And Nissans aren't half as long lasting as Toyotas. That shiny happy Carvana feel good vibes will be long gone when the first 2,000 repair is needed on that out of warranty Nissan in a year or two.

· Registered
287 Posts
With a bump sticker on it. If I had a nickel for every time that dealership offered to trade my venue back, I wouldnt spend money on gas.
Thanks but no thanks, I will keep my equity.😊

1 - 11 of 11 Posts