Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll soon have my Venue and I was wondering if other then the standard transmission cars here, do any of you here use this option with the IVT on hills?

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
It's automatic, it hold the brakes on for 2 seconds to prevent rolling back while you get your foot from the brake to the gas. It releases the brakes after 2 seconds or when you depress the accelerator.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, it's probably one of the only things that you don't have to make a setting of some type for it...while I've been waiting for the car I've been reading as much as I can as well as all the good stuff on this forum.

Registered
thanks, it's probably one of the only things that you don't have to make a setting of some type for it...while I've been waiting for the car I've been reading as much as I can as well as all the good stuff on this forum.
You'll have nothing left to learn by the time it gets home...get in and go...lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll have nothing left to learn by the time it gets home...get in and go...lol.
馃ぃ you got that right...it's a lot different from my cars from 20 and 23 years ago where there were only a few things to set up and doing so if I remember I had to pull a fuse on one of the vehicles before I made some changes and of course to save radio stations on the buttons of the radio were all different with each manufacture. 馃檮

Registered
馃ぃ you got that right...it's a lot different from my cars from 20 and 23 years ago where there were only a few things to set up and doing so if I remember I had to pull a fuse on one of the vehicles before I made some changes and of course to save radio stations on the buttons of the radio were all different with each manufacture. 馃檮
Remember when you had to pull out on the radio push-button to save the station? :D

Registered
There must be something like that on the manual transmissions, too. Previous manual tranny cars I've driven, if you stop on a hill, it is going to roll a bit before you get going again. My Venue does not. I haven't tested it to see how long it will hold its position, but I'll have to give that a try.

Registered
There must be something like that on the manual transmissions, too. Previous manual tranny cars I've driven, if you stop on a hill, it is going to roll a bit before you get going again. My Venue does not. I haven't tested it to see how long it will hold its position, but I'll have to give that a try.
The 2020 owners manual doesn't mention manual transmission, just says it's not active in Park and Neutral. It's standard on MT and IVT in a few other countries that I checked. I'm betting you have it. Do the 2 second test as you said to prove it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 2020 owners manual doesn't mention manual transmission, just says it's not active in Park and Neutral. It's standard on MT and IVT in a few other countries that I checked. I'm betting you have it. Do the 2 second test as you said to prove it.
I'm sure it does have it...other manufactures have it for manuals...I grew up with manuals and I never had a problem with a manual on a hill because of growing up with them and both my cars are manual and I tell people if they have a problem on a hill use the emergency brake when you start to pull away and then release the emergency brake...my Venue which will take the place of my 20 year old daily driver will be auto. and I think what ever daily driver I would have gotten I probably would have gotten an auto simply because I had a problem about 25 years ago with my sciatic nerve and there has been the odd time it would affect my left leg but I knew when it was going to happen so if I was driving I could pull over and walk it off.

Registered
I have a 2020 Hyundai Venue SEL. Recently, the car slowed to a stop in the middle of the highway, even when the gas is pressed. After getting the car off the highway, the car couldn't drive above 25-30mph and made a growling hum(?) when it turned. The dealership said that they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the transmission, but the car still had the same problem, and it couldn't drive uphill. Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Registered
I have a 2020 Hyundai Venue SEL. Recently, the car slowed to a stop in the middle of the highway, even when the gas is pressed. After getting the car off the highway, the car couldn't drive above 25-30mph and made a growling hum(?) when it turned. The dealership said that they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the transmission, but the car still had the same problem, and it couldn't drive uphill. Any ideas on what the issue may be?
Any lights or errors on the dash?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when you said it made a growling hum when it turned...are you saying when the engine turned or when you made a turn?...many years ago my EX.'s car wouldn't go much more then around 30mph and the problem was that the timing belt slipped a cog or two and that through the timing off so no power...I'd think the dealership would have checked all that and did they try driving up a hill...sounds like you may need to go to another dealership.

Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
Yeap. As others may have mentioned. The HAC (Hill-Start Assist Control) is part of the Braking System in every Venue. They just come with it. It does not matter if you have an IVT/CVT/MT.
Mine is a 6 Speed Manual and this feature comes handy when starting in an Up-slope.
Note: In my 2022 Venue Manual the info is on Page 6-27.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts