Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been crazy how much gas prices have been dropping because of the Coronavirus and this oil war between Russia and Saudi Arabia.I was reading this morning that the in the US the national average price for gas is $2.15. The last time average gas prices were this low was December 2016.

I've seen prices around me as low as $1.60 per gallon! How low are you seeing gas prices in your area?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here in Chicago, which generally has among the highest gas prices in the nation, it's selling from the $2.30s to the $2.50s, which is at least half a buck less that normal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here in Chicago, which generally has among the highest gas prices in the nation, it's selling from the $2.30s to the $2.50s, which is at least half a buck less that normal.
It's crazy how much prices have dropped. I wonder how much lower they'll be able to go.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The cheapest in my neighborhood right now is Costco at $1.89 per gallon. The cheapest at a regular gas station where you don't have to be a member is $2.24 per gallon. Crazy! Supply and demand, I guess. With everybody sheltering at home, nobody is buying gas like they used to.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cheapest in my neighborhood right now is Costco at $1.89 per gallon. The cheapest at a regular gas station where you don't have to be a member is $2.24 per gallon. Crazy! Supply and demand, I guess. With everybody sheltering at home, nobody is buying gas like they used to.
That's definitely a huge part of it, the market is being flooded at the moment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just filled up for $2.11 a gallon. On the highway, I'm getting around 42 mpg. In the city, where I do most of my driving, I'm getting around 28 mpg. So yeah, I don't worry too much about the price of gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was in rural Indiana this weekend and the price of gas down there was $1.30. I filled up and return to Chicago where it was more like $2.50. One of the few advantages of the lockdown.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love that feature of a trip calculator. I haven’t used that function yet but I’m gonna look for it next time I use the car. It’s a great way to track what the car is doing in real time. Impressive
I use it all the time. I like to test myself to see how efficient I can drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts