Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Venue SEL (USA) - "Hydo"
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine, since I don't have Navigation, only took 16 minutes.

How about you with the Navigation?

The KIA 2022 Infotainment/Navigation update was reported in a KIA forum to take 1-hr and 17-min to update! And that is supposed to be with the engine running! What is KIA/Hyundai thinking to have their update (with navigation) take that long? That is a waste of gas and bad for the environment!

·
Sith Lord
DS-1 Death Star
422 Posts
I updated my navigation unit for about 15 minutes with the engine running.
I think I lost 2 miles of fuel from the update. Went from 42 miles to 40 miles left in the tank.

#RIP KIA V6's and V8's

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
324 Posts
Is there an EU version for non-navigation unit that I can install or the update is only for US vehicles
US/Canada. I received an email from Hyundai when the update was released. My dealer didn't know about it, even 2 weeks after I installed it.
Your updates will appear here, under Notifications, when available. Always be sure to select an update applicable to your car or you could brick your system.

Reactions: Lokpi

·
Registered
134 Posts
I picked up my Ultimate this past Monday and I went onto the update site and downloaded the last one to a USB drive on my laptop and put it in this morning and followed the simple instructions of inserting the USB in the slot and started the car and followed the on display instructions and it took around 45 minutes, BUT,I was waiting for the instructions to say I could remove my USB because all through the updating it warned me not to remove the USB or I presumed [the old saying of presume stands for "it makes an ass out of you and me"] bad things would happen 🙄...so it did the reboot and a few other things and I waited too long because it started the whole update again...so I'm thinking I'll just remove the USB but then I thought better safe then sorry and let it do it's thing and when it got to the reboot stage again I pulled the USB out and that was when I should have done that the first time...I was just following the instructions from the manual that came with the car but it never said anything about telling me when the update was done and then remove the USB...so after about 2 hours I was done...now I know the next time, like Kenny Rogers says "You've got to know when to hold 'em Know when to fold 'em and when to pull the USB. 🤣

·
Registered
211 Posts
I picked up my Ultimate this past Monday and I went onto the update site and downloaded the last one to a USB drive on my laptop and put it in this morning and followed the simple instructions of inserting the USB in the slot and started the car and followed the on display instructions and it took around 45 minutes, BUT,I was waiting for the instructions to say I could remove my USB because all through the updating it warned me not to remove the USB or I presumed [the old saying of presume stands for "it makes an ass out of you and me"] bad things would happen 🙄...so it did the reboot and a few other things and I waited too long because it started the whole update again...so I'm thinking I'll just remove the USB but then I thought better safe then sorry and let it do it's thing and when it got to the reboot stage again I pulled the USB out and that was when I should have done that the first time...I was just following the instructions from the manual that came with the car but it never said anything about telling me when the update was done and then remove the USB...so after about 2 hours I was done...now I know the next time, like Kenny Rogers says "You've got to know when to hold 'em Know when to fold 'em and when to pull the USB. 🤣
Too bad they couldn't make it more clear when to pull the USB on the screen. That's the problem with a lot of interfaces -- bad programming.

I just got an Apple iPhone, and I must say the Apple CarPlay seems to work better than the Android Auto did, though that could just be a function of me now having AT&T wireless and not Consumer Cellular (uses AT&T towers), and also the fact that this iPhone 12 has 5G. My Android phone started failing like a month ago.

Is there an update for the infotainment system if you're an iPhone user? I will still update the firmware though, in case someone with an Android is riding with me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Too bad they couldn't make it more clear when to pull the USB on the screen. That's the problem with a lot of interfaces -- bad programming.

I just got an Apple iPhone, and I must say the Apple CarPlay seems to work better than the Android Auto did, though that could just be a function of me now having AT&T wireless and not Consumer Cellular (uses AT&T towers), and also the fact that this iPhone 12 has 5G. My Android phone started failing like a month ago.

Is there an update for the infotainment system if you're an iPhone user? I will still update the firmware though, in case someone with an Android is riding with me.
the radio has changed some and as well the media that plugs into the USB...I have an iPhone 6 and never put any music on it...all my music is now going on USB drives for the car...I have at least 300 CD's and just under 400 LP's from over the years, I'm 75 and I was pissed when they stopped putting CD players in cars... my Venue replaces my 20 year old daily driver and my toy is a 1999 Camaro SS convertible that I've had for 23 years and both my SS and my old daily driver have CD players...my way of thinking was that when I'm going any where out of town I'd take what I wanted to hear...so now much of my music over the years has also been saved on my PC, and as well I've been converting my LP's to my PC and when I ordered my Venue I started putting as much of my music on 128GB USB's as I can, and I plug my USB devices into the USB of the Venue, and now I pick what I want to hear from Media part of the infotainment system...as well with the upgrade there's changes with the navigation and maps and since I just put the update in I may find even more changes.

being "old school" I have to learn a few more things with the Venue...gone were the days when you bought a new car and all you had to do was figure out which radio stations you had to put on the radio buttons and once you did that, after a bit of time if you wanted to change the stations on the buttons and couldn't remember how to change the radio buttons you had to look it up in the manual. 🙄🤣

so far I do like the update changes and as time goes on I'll more then likely find more changes and as far as the maps etc. go I probably will never use them other than they now show weather, places of business and God help us all, gas stations and prices..😏

·
Registered
211 Posts
the radio has changed some and as well the media that plugs into the USB...I have an iPhone 6 and never put any music on it...all my music is now going on USB drives for the car...I have at least 300 CD's and just under 400 LP's from over the years, I'm 75 and I was pissed when they stopped putting CD players in cars... my Venue replaces my 20 year old daily driver and my toy is a 1999 Camaro SS convertible that I've had for 23 years and both my SS and my old daily driver have CD players...my way of thinking was that when I'm going any where out of town I'd take what I wanted to hear...so now much of my music over the years has also been saved on my PC, and as well I've been converting my LP's to my PC and when I ordered my Venue I started putting as much of my music on 128GB USB's as I can, and I plug my USB devices into the USB of the Venue, and now I pick what I want to hear from Media part of the infotainment system...as well with the upgrade there's changes with the navigation and maps and since I just put the update in I may find even more changes.

being "old school" I have to learn a few more things with the Venue...gone were the days when you bought a new car and all you had to do was figure out which radio stations you had to put on the radio buttons and once you did that, after a bit of time if you wanted to change the stations on the buttons and couldn't remember how to change the radio buttons you had to look it up in the manual. 🙄🤣

so far I do like the update changes and as time goes on I'll more then likely find more changes and as far as the maps etc. go I probably will never use them other than they now show weather, places of business and God help us all, gas stations and prices..😏
I haven't put any music on USB for my Venue yet (my first car with USB). I will have to try it. I just play Pandora over my phone and over the speakers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't put any music on USB for my Venue yet (my first car with USB). I will have to try it. I just play Pandora over my phone and over the speakers.
use WAV format the entertainment center likes it...I have and had ROXIO software for around 20 years and used the WAV format since day one, and I've a lot of music from the days of sharing and the last site I used was Limewire...those days are long gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts