Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At just over a year of ownership, I have seen 7 on the road. They jump out at me. I’m kinda giddy to have a ‘unique’ vehicle that’s such a great all around car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've had my Venue since November 2019, and have kept an eagle eye out for others on the road. I've seen exactly nine. (Yes, I'm geek enough that I keep track.) When I bought the Venue, my other top choice was the Kia Soul, but I selected the Venue partly because there are SO MANY Souls on the road and I wanted to be a little less trite. I had no idea how sparse they would be!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm geek enough that I keep track should have been my title. I see 8 Kia Souls every time I run to the store! Same purchasing process.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, I've never seen a Denim on the road, either. But that seems to be what all the reviewers drive on the automotive websites.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve had my Venue for a little over two months and I have never seen another Venue yet. Lots of shady dealers in Orange County, CA lately!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Without my reading glasses on that looked like a chain mail covered lady butt. I wish I hadn’t zoomed in.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Just had to take my Venue to a local tire shop yesterday to get a new state inspection sticker put on after having a cracked windshield replaced.

Their computer system didn't even have the Venue listed in it. The guy working there had to choose another random Hyundai model to print on my invoice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are selling 2 a day in my town (100,000 population. Definately a lot more Kona's. I kind of regret not getting a Kona lol.
I got my Venue about a month before the announcement of the Kona N...Not that I regret it or anything, but it does cost significantly more. Hell I haven't even got my permanent plates yet in the mail

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just had to take my Venue to a local tire shop yesterday to get a new state inspection sticker put on after having a cracked windshield replaced.

Their computer system didn't even have the Venue listed in it. The guy working there had to choose another random Hyundai model to print on my invoice.
When I bought my Venue, I went to City Hall to transfer my city sticker from my old car. They didn't have Venue in their computer system either. So my documents just say "Hyundai - passenger vehicle."

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had mine for 2 months, and I have only seen 3 in the wild since then. A Magnetic Gray SEL one in a Target parking lot. Also, a Stellar Silver SE one going down the road. Then I saw a Scarlet Red SE on the lot of a local Chevy dealership as we were driving by.

I think it's a supply issue. Our Hyundai dealer says they're hard to get in, and as soon as one arrives, it sells within a few days. Probably the chip shortage has something to do with this? A lot of cars are in short supply. The local dealer had none on their lot. They had Elantras, Santa Fe's, Palisades, etc. though.

And the Venue is 2020 and up, so it came along during this crazy Covid crisis.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I saw a black Venue SE today next to me at a light. The people inside were not interested that I was in one also. :) It's just a vehicle to them I guess. They probably would've bought an Accent hatchback if they were still made to save themselves a couple of grand.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
I legit saw a white venue that was being driven by an older man.
Before I joined the intersection, I honked my horn and even waved at him for a good 10 seconds.
He was even behind me as we were driving for like 1 minute.

His response was, He gave me a look as if I was a crazy person.

There was another time when a denim was on the opposite side of the traffic.
We gave each other a slow pass to admire our cool square leds :devilish:

This car definitely does not do what jeep wrangler owners do when they see another one on the road. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've seen more Venues lately on the roads in SoCal, tons of base model SE. I feel like I see one SEL for every 10 SE, and so far 0 Denim models.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've seen more Venues lately on the roads in SoCal, tons of base model SE. I feel like I see one SEL for every 10 SE, and so far 0 Denim models.
That's strange, as the SEL model is only $1,000 more, and you get nicer wheels, 2 extra drive modes, roof rack, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot warning, auto climate control which I love. Oh also the chrome grille.

That's a crapload of content for $1,000 more.

Kinda interesting that Hyundai doesn't put trim logos on their vehicles like SE, SEL, etc.. I guess they highlight the difference with the details like the chrome grille.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I legit saw a white venue that was being driven by an older man.
Before I joined the intersection, I honked my horn and even waved at him for a good 10 seconds.
He was even behind me as we were driving for like 1 minute.

His response was, He gave me a look as if I was a crazy person.

There was another time when a denim was on the opposite side of the traffic.
We gave each other a slow pass to admire our cool square leds :devilish:

This car definitely does not do what jeep wrangler owners do when they see another one on the road. :ROFLMAO:
People just aren't into cars as much as they used to be. It's sad. I grew up with a mechanic dad, and I could recognize most cars -- especially modern cars of the days when I grew up -- 70s to 2000s. He'd point out classic and cool cars on the road or on the street and give me a brief history. We had the Auto Album book by Ted Burness. So then I could recognize the classics. I still remember the entry for the American Bantam where he says that the engine was so small that one mechanic rebuilt his in his kitchen while eating lunch.

Few weeks ago there was a beautiful late 50s Corvette (red and white 2 tone) sitting in a parking spot near the front of the grocery store here locally. Out of like 8 people walking up to the store, not one person even gave it a second glance. It may as well been a Toyota Corolla sitting there. :( A 40 something dad didn't point it out to his 3 kids with him.

This isn't the America I grew up in.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
That's strange, as the SEL model is only $1,000 more, and you get nicer wheels, 2 extra drive modes, roof rack, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot warning, auto climate control which I love. Oh also the chrome grille.

That's a crapload of content for $1,000 more.

Kinda interesting that Hyundai doesn't put trim logos on their vehicles like SE, SEL, etc.. I guess they highlight the difference with the details like the chrome grille.

It was probably worth it if someone wanted to drive a manual and save money.
Back when manuals were still available, the price difference between a Base SE Manual and a Base SEL Automatic was somewhat significant.

But for the Base SE Automatic and Base SEL Automatic, it is a no brainer to get the base SEL Automatic.

I guess it is kinda like the McDonalds Chicken McNuggets Theory.
The 20-piece is a great deal compared the to 10-piece.
But if you only offered the 20-piece by itself and the 10-piece option was non-existent, you wouldn't know if it is a great deal because there is nothing to compare to.

And People Still get the 10-Piece 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♀️

1 - 20 of 27 Posts