Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
.......Few weeks ago there was a beautiful late 50s Corvette (red and white 2 tone) sitting in a parking spot near the front of the grocery store here locally. Out of like 8 people walking up to the store, not one person even gave it a second glance. It may as well been a Toyota Corolla sitting there. :( A 40 something dad didn't point it out to his 3 kids with him......
That is just SAD!!

Here is me posing with a '58 Corvette on Spring Break in Daytona back in 1978! No, I don't know who the girl was, or who owned the car! I just ran up there and had a buddy snap the picture.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's strange, as the SEL model is only $1,000 more, and you get nicer wheels, 2 extra drive modes, roof rack, rear cross-traffic alert, blind-spot warning, auto climate control which I love. Oh also the chrome grille.

That's a crapload of content for $1,000 more.

Kinda interesting that Hyundai doesn't put trim logos on their vehicles like SE, SEL, etc.. I guess they highlight the difference with the details like the chrome grille.
Usually I look at their wheels or roof rails and its a dead giveaway

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in Northwestern NJ. I’ve had my ‘21 Sel since April ‘21 and I have only seen 2 other Venues on the road. When I was looking to purchase back in March/April of this year some dealerships had 30 Venue’s on their lots, now you are lucky if they have one. They really don’t advertise them either. Curious to see what the 2022 Venue’s will offer.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
98 Posts
I am in Northwestern NJ. I’ve had my ‘21 Sel since April ‘21 and I have only seen 2 other Venues on the road. When I was looking to purchase back in March/April of this year some dealerships had 30 Venue’s on their lots, now you are lucky if they have one. They really don’t advertise them either. Curious to see what the 2022 Venue’s will offer.
Yeah, when I was shopping in January/February, there were still plenty of dealers that still had new 2020s on the lot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I researched Hyundai Car Meets/Clubs in California, Orange County.
I stumbled upon United Velosters. They do stuff in LA and Orange Counties.

I am thinking of checking them out in Anaheim this month.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

United Velosters Car Club (@unitedvelosters) • Instagram photos and videos
That ought to be fun. It says all cars are welcome. Maybe there will be a few Venues/Konas there. You Venue/Kona blokes can all park together.

My local dealer has had a 'stellar silver' Venue SEL on their lot for 2 weeks now. They had a 'galactic grey' Venue SEL but it sold within a couple of days. They also got a couple of Accents in the same load -- an SE for $17,500 and an SEL for $19,500. The SE has sold, but the SEL still persists. Accents are pretty rare birds around here due to the chip shortages.

I imagine a person looking for the cheapest new car as possible must've bought the Accent SE for $17.5. Unlike the Kia dealer down the road from Hyundai, the local Hyundai dealer isn't adding additional markups. The Kia dealer wants close to $21k for a base Kia Rio sedan. In May when I bought my Venue SEL, I almost bought a '21 Kia Rio S hatchback. I would've saved $4k, but I wanted the Venue. And I am loving it.

Back then the Kia dealer wasn't marking them up, and the Sam's Club price for the Rio hatch was $16.7k.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We live in a small town of about 3,000 people. I was driving over to the local c-store for some beer and coming towards me at our speed limit of 25 was a black SE Venue. My window was down for fresh air, so I put my hand out and waved at her.

She didn't wave back. Probably thought "who is this guy?" It is a small town, so a lot of people know each other. It probably didn't register to her that I was also in a rare Venue. She probably assumed I just knew her from around town. lol

21 - 31 of 31 Posts