Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your insurance premium like?

According to an initial estimate, "The average insurance cost for the Hyundai Venue is expected to be between $150 and $170 a month. This makes its annual insurance cost-to-base ratio around 10%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 4%, but not unreasonable for an SUV." So, I'm curious to know how everyone's premium matches up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My insurance is about $400 for six months, so call it about $67 per month, or about 4.5% cost-to-base.

I would expect a smaller, cheaper car to have a higher cost-to-base ratio than a larger, more expensive one. Although the cost-to-replace is lower for a cheap car, the cost of liability is going to be the same, resulting in a higher average.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My insurance is about $400 for six months, so call it about $67 per month, or about 4.5% cost-to-base.

I would expect a smaller, cheaper car to have a higher cost-to-base ratio than a larger, more expensive one. Although the cost-to-replace is lower for a cheap car, the cost of liability is going to be the same, resulting in a higher average.
That very well may be the best case scenario. Mind sharing details about what might influence your rate? Location (city? suburbs? etc.), what else do you have with the same insurance provider (other cars, your house), and so on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That very well may be the best case scenario. Mind sharing details about what might influence your rate? Location (city? suburbs? etc.), what else do you have with the same insurance provider (other cars, your house), and so on.
Sure thing. I live in the heart of the city in Chicago, which probably drives my rates up. On the other hand, I have a very good driving record, I drive less than 5000 miles per year, and I'm waaaayyyyy over 25 years old. And yes, I have my house (but no other cars) with the same provider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts