Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just purchased my 2021 green apple SEL about a month ago. It is my first Hyundai and I am in love. I am looking to get some crossbars for the roof (still waiting for them to arrive at the dealership.) Plus I want to buy a hitch for a bike rack and already been looking at tent options for it. Can't wait to chat more with everyone and learn things about my new Venue from you guys.

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd keep it under 30 mph with that thing up there.....
It lays flat. It's essentially a pop-up tent on your roof then there is a ladder you pull out once you're parked and have the tent up. Just wonder how well it attaches to the roof.

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
293 Posts
Thing folds like a pancake, but you still get poor gas mileage due to heavy drag.
Not for daily driving 😭

Also, careful on the weight limit on the roof. I think there is moving weight vs. stationary weight.

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thing folds like a pancake, but you still get poor gas mileage due to heavy drag.
Not for daily driving 😭

Also, careful on the weight limit on the roof. I think there is moving weight vs. stationary weight.

View attachment 563

Yeah there are definitely other things I have concerns about outside of those. So a roof tent is not my first choice. Was thinking something more like what's on this page.

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2021 Ceramic White SE, iVT(CVT)
35 Posts
Check this Link Out:
Recommended Trunk Mount Bike Rack for 2020 Hyundai Venue | etrailer.com

View attachment 572

You are gonna have the Hyundai Venue with the most outdoor accessories attach to it 🤣
Anyone who installs a rack that rests on the back window, please keep in mind that you need to either remove the rear wiper fuse or the rear wiper blade itself to keep it from accidentally getting turned on and jamming up. A friend of mine learned that the hard way and burned up his rear wiper motor! These are nice racks, but we forget that some vehicles have rear wipers that turn on by themselves when the front wipers are on and we shift into reverse! If the rear wiper won't clear it just remove the fuse!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts