Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2022 Hyundai Venue Limited and one of the first things I did was convert most of the lights to LED. As expected, I encountered the normal hyperflashing issue. I bought some resistors to increase the load so that the BCM thinks that halogen bulbs are back but I did not see a good place to mount them. I decided to put back the bulbs one at a time to determine how many LEDs the system can handle before triggering hyperflashing. To my surprise, the hyperflashing continued after completely putting back all of the old bulbs! Is there something I need to reset in the computer to use my old bulbs? Also, I know that in other brands of cars you can connect certain software to the OBD port to change what resistance the BCM is expecting or to modulate the PWM signal to fool it. Is that possible with this car as well?

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
293 Posts
Interesting.
I have never heard of that happening.
I am assuming all the resistors were removed.
Maybe you have to discharge the car for a bit, like 30 minutes, or something.

If you can't fix it, just stick to the LEDs.
That's what you wanted in the first place anyway.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not sure if it applies to Hyudai, but on Toyotas they had a flash relay located under the steering wheel column. It would have to be replaced with an aftermarket one that can handle LED or other times, an inline resister for the bulb is the alternative method

1 - 3 of 3 Posts