Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luc Donckerwolke has announced that he will be stepping down as Hyundai Motor Group's chief designer, effective today (April 29). He has worked with Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis and has worked on cars like the G80, G90, GV80, Palisade, and Kona.

According to reports, Hyundai will not name a new design chief for the whole group, as the design for the Hyundai and Genesis brands will continue to be led by Sang Yup Lee. Karim Habib, on the other hand, who joined the Korean company last year, will still lead the Kia brand. This is an interesting move, maybe it means that the 3 brands are going to work more separately from each other as far as design goes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting. I never thought that Hyundai and Kia had distinct design personalities; any one of their vehicles looks like it could go with either badge. Maybe they are trying to let the identities diverge a bit?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, thanks for posting. I never thought that Hyundai and Kia had distinct design personalities; any one of their vehicles looks like it could go with either badge. Maybe they are trying to let the identities diverge a bit?
That's what I thought when I read the article. It could mean that one or both is going to do something drastic with their desigins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts