Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
View attachment 674

Not much changes for the Hyundai Venue 2022
New Color Combos might be coming.
I am really expecting the N-Line, Flux Grille, and Fog Lights feature to come to the Western Markets.

Link: Hyundai Newsroom
So now that they put the sunroof on the SEL as a standard option, and basically the SEL of 2019 & 2020 becomes the "SE". Does that mean the LED headlights is still an optional add-on or possibly tied to the Limited trims only? (Just speculation)

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says the premium package will be discontinued, which has the LED headlights/DRL.
I guess they will make it standard on the SEL, but have a higher price for the SEL since you get it standard.

Or maybe, only the limited trims get the LEDs.

Basically, what you speculated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Too bad they don't have a Standard model for 2022. When I say Standard, I mean steel 15" wheels, manual windows/locks/mirrors, vinyl seats, plastic mat flooring, no carpet, and a small electric motor (with its awesome benefit of having no tranny (most complicated part of any vehicle), and maybe a 100-mile range battery (maybe 200-mile range as an option).

But they will NEVER make this (neither will any car maker), as the profits would be lower and more importantly no one would buy it except for me and maybe Chicago Jake who has an MT green apple Venue. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Too bad they don't have a Standard model for 2022. When I say Standard, I mean steel 15" wheels, manual windows/locks/mirrors, vinyl seats, plastic mat flooring, no carpet, and a small electric motor (with its awesome benefit of having no tranny (most complicated part of any vehicle), and maybe a 100-mile range battery (maybe 200-mile range as an option).

But they will NEVER make this (neither will any car maker), as the profits would be lower and more importantly no one would buy it except for me and maybe Chicago Jake who has an MT green apple Venue. :)
I believe you would LOVE a golf cart with some knobbies. Would be Siiiick.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If they built this level of trim I wouldn't walk into a Hyundai dealer even if the list price was $5k
Actually, some people would like a stripped-down model. My last car was a 2011 base model Ford Focus S. It had manual windows and mirrors, but it did have AC, AT, am/fm/CD/aux and power locks along with 10 airbags/ABS. Oh, no cruise control.

If you ever had to replace a power window regulator in a few cars, you might agree. lol.

I would still want AC, airbags, safety things, cruise, etc., but with manual windows/locks/mirrors, dead simple electric motor with no tranny, etc. would be appealing if it were a lot cheaper. But it's hard to make cheap cars anymore, as they come with so much content.

One of my first cars was a 1987 Dodge Colt E (economy) in 1989. It had a manual 4 speed tranny, 1.5 liter carb 4 banger with 60 hp, rubber floors, did have cloth seats though, no rear window defogger, just had manual windows/locks. No right hand mirror. Um, no cruise no AC. lol. It had an AM/FM radio with 2 speakers.

It had like tiny 13 inch steel wheels. Black bumpers (not body color). But it was reliable and got like 42 mpg highway even with a carburettor.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Apparently there is a niche market in Quebec for these types of cars. Probably explains why Canada still gets the Venue w/ the manual transmission.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No more demin edition...such a heartbreaker.lol
It will be nice to see some different color combos in America thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, some people would like a stripped-down model. My last car was a 2011 base model Ford Focus S. It had manual windows and mirrors, but it did have AC, AT, am/fm/CD/aux and power locks along with 10 airbags/ABS. Oh, no cruise control.

If you ever had to replace a power window regulator in a few cars, you might agree. lol.

I would still want AC, airbags, safety things, cruise, etc., but with manual windows/locks/mirrors, dead simple electric motor with no tranny, etc. would be appealing if it were a lot cheaper. But it's hard to make cheap cars anymore, as they come with so much content.

One of my first cars was a 1987 Dodge Colt E (economy) in 1989. It had a manual 4 speed tranny, 1.5 liter carb 4 banger with 60 hp, rubber floors, did have cloth seats though, no rear window defogger, just had manual windows/locks. No right hand mirror. Um, no cruise no AC. lol. It had an AM/FM radio with 2 speakers.

It had like tiny 13 inch steel wheels. Black bumpers (not body color). But it was reliable and got like 42 mpg highway even with a carburettor.
I completely agree...and yes, I've replaced a window regulator (or two, ugh). I've been an avid motorcycle enthusiast my entire adult life for these exact reasons. On my to-do list is to research how to turn off all the annoying beeps, bongs, alarms, and flashing lights that the Venue makes thinking it'll make me a better driver in traffic. I hate that. I live in LA. It's crazy out here. I'm well aware. I'm on top of it. Leave me alone. Manual controls please.

That said, I've driven a stick my entire life. After about a month in rush hour traffic...bring on the IVT!!

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
I completely agree...and yes, I've replaced a window regulator (or two, ugh). I've been an avid motorcycle enthusiast my entire adult life for these exact reasons. On my to-do list is to research how to turn off all the annoying beeps, bongs, alarms, and flashing lights that the Venue makes thinking it'll make me a better driver in traffic. I hate that. I live in LA. It's crazy out here. I'm well aware. I'm on top of it. Leave me alone. Manual controls please.

That said, I've driven a stick my entire life. After about a month in rush hour traffic...bring on the IVT!!
I wanted to remove or at least deaden the turn signal noises, and I figured there would be a relay in the 4-way hazard lights switch that I could wrap with something. (That's how my VW was)
But it turns out that the sounds come from a kind of speaker-like opening in the back of the instrument cluster. So I ended up putting some of the thick rubber tape over it. Made it a bit quieter.

Pic I found on ebay:

·
Registered
92 Posts
What if cars still had those Electronic Voice Alert systems like they had back in the 1980s? :) Chrysler was big on those starting with their 1982 LeBaron/E-Class type K-car derivatives and also the Laser/Daytona sporty cars. I guess they were super annoying.

I think they had like 25 warnings or so -- hot engine, low coolant, low washer fluid, lights on, etc.. Nissan/Datsun had some too in their Maxima/280ZX/300ZX. Apparently their system used a tiny record player with a disc, so it was analog.

I do like the digital readout in our Venues that you can cycle through from SPEED to trip computer stuff. Kinda reminds me of the computer that was in the Apollo spacecrafts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts