Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Venue is going to come with a bunch of available safety features.

Here's the full list of safety features that you can get with your Venue:
  • Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) uses the car’s front-facing camera to help detect an imminent collision and avoid impact or minimize damage by braking autonomously in case no driver intervention is detected after a system warning
  • Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) helps prevent accidental lane departure by sensing road markings and may automatically steer the car if necessary
  • Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) helps detect approaching vehicles that may be obscured from view during highway driving (optional)
  • Driver Attention Warning (DAW) system monitors a spectrum of driver-related characteristics to help detect driver fatigue or careless driving
  • Rear Collision Cross-Traffic Warning (RCCW) helps detect when a vehicle may have entered a car’s rearward path providing a driver alert (optional)
  • Drive Modes includes a Snow mode for improved forward mobility (optional)
AVAILABLE HYUNDAI SMARTSENSE FEATURES

CategoryFeatureNameApplication
Driving SafetyForward CollisionForward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) w/ Pedestrian DetectionSTD
Blind SpotBlind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)OPT/STD Denim
Lane GuidanceLane Keeping Assist (LKA)STD
High BeamHigh Beam Assist (HBA)STD
Driver AttentionDriver Attention Warning (DAW)STD
Parking SafetyRear Cross TrafficRear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)OPT/STD Denim

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Lane Keeping Assist is pretty cool. You can feel the steering wheel turn all by itself on curvy roads. You can turn that off if you like, but I kind of enjoy it.

The Forward Collision Avoidance system is interesting. I assume that's what alerts me when a stopped vehicle in front of me starts to move away. That's kind of handy if you get distracted and don't notice when a traffic light turns green. When the car in front of you rolls away, the FCA system beeps at you.

I haven't noticed any of the other items mentioned. Not sure I even have them all. I guess like many safety features, you aren't aware of them until you get into trouble.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you find that the Lane Keeping Assist is really responsive if you start to move close to any lines on the road?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you find that the Lane Keeping Assist is really responsive if you start to move close to any lines on the road?
Absolutely. Where I live, there is a road called Lake Shore Drive. It is very curvy and runs along the lakefront. I always feel the wheel turning in my hands. I find it kind of fun to let the car do the work. I feel like I am one step closer to a self-driving vehicle.

It is smart enough to not engage when I have the turn signal activated, though. So if I signal a lane change, or a move into an off-ramp, the LKA is smart enough not to disagree with me. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely. Where I live, there is a road called Lake Shore Drive. It is very curvy and runs along the lakefront. I always feel the wheel turning in my hands. I find it kind of fun to let the car do the work. I feel like I am one step closer to a self-driving vehicle.

It is smart enough to not engage when I have the turn signal activated, though. So if I signal a lane change, or a move into an off-ramp, the LKA is smart enough not to disagree with me. I appreciate that.
That's really cool and good to know. Does the steering wheel actually center you back in the lane or does it vibrate to let you know to adjust?

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's really cool and good to know. Does the steering wheel actually center you back in the lane or does it vibrate to let you know to adjust?
The LKA system will center you back between the lines if you let it. If you grip the wheel tightly you can override it, but if you just hold it loosely, it will gently move you back into the center of the lane. It's almost spooky!

I've heard people complain that it fights them when they try to change lanes or move onto an off ramp. Those people must not be using their turn signals, because the turn signal is what tells the LKA to butt out!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The LKA system will center you back between the lines if you let it. If you grip the wheel tightly you can override it, but if you just hold it loosely, it will gently move you back into the center of the lane. It's almost spooky!

I've heard people complain that it fights them when they try to change lanes or move onto an off ramp. Those people must not be using their turn signals, because the turn signal is what tells the LKA to butt out!
Oh wow that's really impressive! I've had cars with LKA but the steering wheel just vibrates it doesn't actually center the car. I'm sure most of those people that complain don't use their turn signals lol, though I've heard it can fight people if there's a construction zone where there's a detour that the car doesn't recognize.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts