Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai released a bunch of information about the Venue and here's their breakdown of its interior and exterior design.

The one thing that I'm interested to see in person is the "dual-level cargo floor," I'd like to see if they've done anything new to maximize storage space.

Interior Design

Venue’s inviting interior offers intuitive controls and forward-thinking design. Available convenience features such as Dual USBs, a 3.5-inch TFT instrument cluster display to illustrate useful information, a rearview camera with dynamic guidelines, Bluetooth® hands-free capability and automatic temperature controls are all offered. The leather-wrapped steering wheel provides daily comfort for the driver and added convenience, with audio controls and cruise control easily accessible.

Additional available interior convenience features include a proximity key with push-button start, heated front seats and side view mirrors.

Venue’s appealing interior space and comfortable cabin provide adequate roominess for the versatile urban commuter. Venue comes standard with a 60/40 split, flat-folding rear seatback to maximize utility for various trips, like the local farmer’s market or transporting musical instruments. Venue’s SUV styling cues and utility make it an ideal alternative to many subcompact cars. The cargo space features a rear cargo cover for added privacy that can be conveniently stowed when not in use. The dual-level cargo floor feature provides flexibility to have the floor of the cargo area in either the top position-level with the seats when folded down, or at a lower position to accommodate more cargo.

Exterior Design

The design of the new Venue exhibits compact but confident body forms, delivering a new interpretation of Hyundai’s signature design language. The side profile showcases full-volume wheel arches and strong character lines, while the cascading grille incorporates Hyundai’s signature forward-looking visage found on both Kona and NEXO SUVs. The unique front lamp layout separates the turn lamps and headlamps and features optional premium LED headlights with LED daylight running lights. The unique Venue body character line carries through the profile to the tail lamps. A power sunroof is also an option. Venue is available with striking 17-inch or 15-inch alloy wheels along with standard 15-inch steel wheels. Its impressive aerodynamics visualized by the rear spoiler and rear fascia asymmetric block help improve efficiency while maintaining its unique sense of style.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The one thing that I'm interested to see in person is the "dual-level cargo floor," I'd like to see if they've done anything new to maximize storage space.
That's a pretty cool feature. If you lift off the cargo floor, it reveals the spare tire and jack. You can replace it in the higher position several inches above the spare, or you can slide it down into a lower position just millimeters above the spare. At first I thought, what the heck, let's keep it low and maximize my cargo space. But then I changed my mind; the space below the floor (when in the higher position) is perfect for stashing the ice scraper and windshield brush out of sight when not in use. Keeps the new car looking clean and tidy!

(at least for now; eventually I'm sure I'll stop caring)

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a pretty cool feature. If you lift off the cargo floor, it reveals the spare tire and jack. You can replace it in the higher position several inches above the spare, or you can slide it down into a lower position just millimeters above the spare. At first I thought, what the heck, let's keep it low and maximize my cargo space. But then I changed my mind; the space below the floor (when in the higher position) is perfect for stashing the ice scraper and windshield brush out of sight when not in use. Keeps the new car looking clean and tidy!

Agreed.
Its great for keeping all my car cleaning stuff along with the items you mentioned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife does not like sitting in the passenger seat because it's too low for her. The seat does not have the height adjustment that the driver's has. This week I made four 2" blocks of solid plastic and used longer M10 1.25 bolts to raise the seat. She likes it much more this way... she can see over the dash now, lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wife does not like sitting in the passenger seat because it's too low for her. The seat does not have the height adjustment that the driver's has. This week I made four 2" blocks of solid plastic and used longer M10 1.25 bolts to raise the seat. She likes it much more this way... she can see over the dash now, lol.
Very clever! And cheaper than getting a taller wife!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't have thought of doing that lol. Nicely done @Aegisranger!

·
Registered
21 Posts

I moved the cargo floor to the lower position for additional space. I like the way it contains luggage and boxes and keeps it under the drop top enclosure. So far so good. Taking first road trip this week and hope for to get to know the car better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts