Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my new 2021 Venue SEL, with premium package, home on Friday. So, I decide to go out today and "pair" the garage opener button in there car with my overhead garage door opener. Low and behold, to my total surprise, there are no buttons on the mirror and I can't find any info in the owners manual to help me even define if my Venue even has that capability. Did Hyundai really leave the function out of this well equipped small cross-over? Am I overlooking something? Am I blind? I"m unable to even find "garage door opener" in the owners manual so maybe, amazingly, that's a function Hyundai chose to eliminate in the otherwise very well equipped small vehicle?
Any comments or clarification will be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
153 Posts
I think the Venue was designed for busy city people, which don't have garages.
It is missing some creature comforts as well such as auto lift-gate and adaptive cruise control, but I can't expect a lot for a car less than 23k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ralph, Thanks for responding. I appreciate it, but still don't understand it. However, it is what it is, I'll just clip my small Gennie opener to somewhere convenient in the drivers cockpit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ralph, Thanks for responding. I appreciate it, but still don't understand it. However, it is what it is, I'll just clip my small Gennie opener to somewhere convenient in the drivers cockpit.
I ran across somewhere that someone installed the Kona's rearview mirror with the garage opener

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think the Venue was designed for busy city people, which don't have garages......
Yeah, what the heck is a garage? :cool:

If I did have one I'd fill it with other crap and let my car sit at the curb as God intended.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
153 Posts
Yeah, what the heck is a garage? :cool:

If I did have one I'd fill it with other crap and let my car sit at the curb as God intended.
The garage is used for gym equipment for gains only.

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2 metal 25' X40' buildings plus a large 2 stall attached garage on my 6 acres so no need for anything to sit outside!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, I did that a week and a half ago! I tried clipping it to the center console so it was less conspicuous, however, the range was greatly reduced to about 50'. So I moved it to the visor and it makes triggers the door unit when I'm just pulling into my 150' driveway.
I haven't bought a new car (and I've bought many) in the past 10 years or so that did not have the built-in door opener buttons on the mirror so I was really surprised the Venue had none!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts