Hyundai Venue Forum banner

I think that those with 2022 Venue's should check for updates

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mayo 
#1 ·
I picked up my Ultimate Venue on the 13th of this month and being my first new vehicle in 20 years, I had to consult my manuals for the many settings even after going over them with my sales lady...while waiting for my Venue to be made and delivered I've learnt many things on this board and manuals I downloaded...what I did do last week was to download the latest update from the Hyundai site and I installed it this past Sunday, and one of the things I found out, was that the last 6 digits of our software is the date of our software that our car runs on.

My Ultimate came with the software with the date of 210610 which was basically 6 months old and my now SW is 220504 which I believe reads as 2022 April 5th...after doing the update I found doing my setups was easier and besides the navigation and map changes, the tube radio look is now gone and I like the newer look for all my media...so what I'm saying is that maybe all of us with 2022 models may not be running on the up to date SW and maybe those that don't have all the features that I have with my Ultimate, they might not need the update or even be able to install it.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Whenever there has been an update available for my Venue I got an email from Hyundai within a few days of the firmware release. My car has the display audio system not Navigation. I expect they would send you an email too. Maybe your car was missed since you just got it.
i just signed in for the emails the other day so I expect I'll be emailed for the next one.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I now have a little over 1000 kilometers on the car and have now passed the break in time period and my average mpg is 40mpg and I'd say 80% of that is highway driving and on 2 trips of straight highway driving I averaged 43mpg and this was liters converted to US mpg which is actually a little smaller then the Canadian gallon because of the metric system.
Convert Liters per 100 Kilometers to Miles Per Gallon (US)

I'm wondering if when we do updates if some of that will be making changes in the systems for the engine that could help or hinder things like mpg performance?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.