Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I have a chance to test drive and buy a new 2022 SEL venue and for some reason I'm very apprehensive about it.

I've watched videos on YouTube, red countless articles about it, and read a lot of posts on this forum. But I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger and buy one.

It seems everyone is pretty happy on this form with their venues, so at the risk of sounding wishy-washy, should I go for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So tonight I have a chance to test drive and buy a new 2022 SEL venue and for some reason I'm very apprehensive about it.

I've watched videos on YouTube, red countless articles about it, and read a lot of posts on this forum. But I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger and buy one.

It seems everyone is pretty happy on this form with their venues, so at the risk of sounding wishy-washy, should I go for it?

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
59 Posts
To make a decision you can live with, you have to figure out what is the 'General Mission' you are getting the vehicle , your, family size and of course your budget.
Like with a pair of shoes you have to feel it fits you well.

I've had mine for a few days only, which is a 2022 Venue with 6 Speed Manual Transmission; it drives great, it has enough space for 2 people and a bunch of gear with the back seats folded; or 4 people and some gear in the small trunk (remember is a compact car). And with the 1.6 engine it should give you good gas mileage.
For me it will be my Weekend Car to go Grocery Shopping and get to local Hiking spots. And plan to drive it in summer for longer trips.
What attracted me to the Venue is it looks great (my opinion), it has good standard features, even in the Basic Trim and I wanted the Manual Transmission (my choice), and if you can negotiate a good price for it; it's a very good value.

I think the Venue is a great option for a City/Commuter Car that you can also use for longer drives if you choose so. And if you don't drive it with a lead foot it will make you smile when you spend less money at the pump each time you fuel it; and according to user's manual it's ok to use regular octane gas (87), not premium stuff that is more expensive.

I'd say test drive it again, put it to it's paces and figure out if you want to buy it.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
376 Posts
It's been a great choice for us, we came from a GM gas guzzler so the fuel economy makes a large chunk of the payment. Comfort is good, higher seating position makes it far easier to get in and out of. 6 months in, no issues and no complaints.

Reactions: abe2cross

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To make a decision you can live with, you have to figure out what is the 'General Mission' you are getting the vehicle , your, family size and of course your budget.

I've had mine for a few days only, which is a 2022 Venue with 6 Speed Manual Transmission; it drives great, it has enough space for 2 people and a bunch of gear with the back seats folded; or 4 people and some gear in the small trunk (remember is a compact car). And with the 1.6 engine it should give you good gas mileage.
For me it will be my Weekend Car to go Grocery Shopping and get to local Hiking spots. And plan to drive it in summer for longer trips.
What attracted me to the Venue is it looks great (my opinion), it has good standard features, even in the Basic Trim and I wanted the Manual Transmission (my choice), and if you can negotiate a good price for it; it's a very good value.

I think the Venue is a great option for a City/Commuter Car that you can also use for longer drives if you choose so. And if you don't drive it with a lead foot it will make you smile when you spend less money at the pump each time you fuel it; and according to user's manual it's ok to use regular octane gas (87), not premium stuff that is more expensive.

I'd say test drive it again, put it to it's paces and figure out if you want to buy it.
Thanks!

Thank you!

·
Seto Kaiba
Blue Eyes White Dragon™
467 Posts
The Venue is great for a single person, or maybe a couple. It is a great city car to get into tight parking spaces and handles like a go-kart.

However, If you intend to have people in the rear seats, I would probably recommend something bigger.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
176 Posts

What's making you apprehensive? Is there a specific concern that you're unsure about?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Wait. I thought they dropped the MT after the 2020 model year!

·
Registered
32 Posts

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Venue is great for a single person, or maybe a couple. It is a great city car to get into tight parking spaces and handles like a go-kart.

However, If you intend to have people in the rear seats, I would probably recommend something bigger.
My girls (8 and 10) seem to enjoy the backseat. The windows in the back roll all the way down. And, they love staring at the 8" display with CarPlay showing the album art for their favorite playlist.

·
Registered
2021 Galactic Gray SLE
2 Posts

No. If you’re not 100% sure and excited about it, keep shopping. I love my 2001 SEL Venue, I’ve owned for over a year now. But if you have to ask anyone if you should buy ANY vehicle, it isn’t for you then.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Test drive it at night to see if the poor headlights bother you. Also, drivers coming from other direction will continually flash you because they think you have your bright lights on when you don’t. And high beams are pretty worthless too.
The heat/a/c vents are always open even if you turn them off so see if that bothers you.

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
59 Posts
Sorry, how much is the dealer asking? I am curious to know how much prices have gone up since I bought my 2020 SE with 6-sp MT in late 2020.
Go to Build and Price | Hyundai Canada to see current base prices. with Manual transmission shows a msrp starting at Cad $ 18,299 which is about $14,500 US Dollars. For a new car I think is very good value.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts